Skip to main content

The plan?

"So what's the plan?"

"My plan was to follow your plan!"

"You know, I'm really tired of you just assuming that I'm always going to plan everything."

"Are we really getting into this now, Karen?"

"You know what, yeah, yeah we are. I planned our anniversary, I've planned all of our dates and vacations, I even planned our visits to your mother."

"I certainly never asked you to do that."

"Well if I waited for you to ask me, then we'd never get it done!"

"And that would be fine."

"Oh sure, let's make your mom hate me even more. What a great plan, Steve."

"She...likes you fine."

"You're a terrible liar."

"I'll take that, but seriously we need a plan."

"Why don't you make a plan for once?"

"Karen, we're trying to get this job done right, shouldn't the better planner make the plan?"

"That lame attempt at flattery is going to get you nowhere--"

"But you're so--"

"And fast."

"Fine."

"Fine."

"...but seriously, Karen, we need a plan."

"I can't believe you're like this, but I guess we do it similar to our last job, right? It's pretty much the same."

"I don't know, don't we want to be original?"

"..."

"Okay, fine, fine. Last plan it is."

"Great."

"Great."

"Steve?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you remember the plan we had last time?"

"I mean I definitely do, but it would be great to hear you say it again from those beautiful-"

"Steve."

"Right. No, I don't."

"We're never going to build up a reputation if you keep being like this."

"Is a reputation really what's best for this kind of job? Seems like operating in the shadows would work best."

"Are you saying that because that's what you actually think or because you don't think we're good enough?"

"Definitely the first one."

"..."

"I mean, isn't that the right answer?"

"Can't you figure anything out for yourself, Steve?"

"I think we've established that I can't, Karen."

"Fine."

"Karen?"

"Yeah?"

"Soooo...what's the plan?"

"Fine! We start by surveilling the perimeter."

"A brilliant start to the plan, babe."

"Then we see if there are any broken locks or windows or doors left open."

"Perfect."

"If so, we'll use one of those for our point of entry, if not I'll pick the back door while you cut the power."

"Lovin' it."

"Once we're inside, we'll quietly get upstairs and work our way down looking for jewelry and other light weight valuables and be out in under ten minutes."

"I did skip leg day this week."

"Then we'll leave, sprint to our car two four blocks away, and drive to our fence."

"I totally remember this all now."

"You do not."

"Okay fine, but I can follow it. You go right, I'll go left."

"Steve, you're moving to your right."

"Oh, right. Uh I guess I'll go right and you go left."

"Nothing on the left side. How's the right?"

"Cracked window in the bathroom, for gross reasons I assume."

"Just show me."

"Here it is."

"Okay, be quiet, I'll try and shift it open more."

"What was that?"

"What was what?"

"Didn't you hear something?"

"If I did, I wouldn't be asking you, Steve."

"I think I heard someone say, 'Mommy' and then..."

"And then what?"

"And then 'there are two big shadows arguing' and then a phone dialing."

"We gotta run."

"See, if we'd had a plan we wouldn't have to be running from the cops again."

"Then you make the plan next time, Steve!"

"Maybe I will, Karen. Maybe I will."

(Prompt by Katie Durr)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

15 facts I learned from a random Wikipedia article

Original prompt: click on "Random Wikipedia Article" and write about whatever comes up (you can try 3 times and pick your favorite). For the record, I got Alejandro Estivill , Fencing at the 2011 Pan American Games – Women's épée , and Benjamin F. Jonas . I chose Benjamin F. Jonas because it was the longest of the three entries and it had a photo. He was born in Kentucky, moved to Illinois as a kid, and went to college and spent the rest of his life in Louisiana Jonas's father was a merchant and lawyer His father knew Lincoln (like they were real buds) Despite this, Jonas sided with the confederacy Not only did he side with the confederacy, but he joined the Confederate army and rose to the rank of major He went to University of Louisiana (now Tulane) Jonas was Jewish (I didn't know there were Jewish senators who served the Confederacy) He was the second Jewish U.S. Senator from Louisiana and the third Jewish Senator overall Jonas was the first Ashkenazi Jewish US...

Origin story or first issue of a superhero whose super power is geometry

Arya sat in history class and was bored. She longed to get to geometry, where things made more sense. She liked geometry so much that she had joined the math team to be able to do it more. Okay, there was also the extra time with her friends who loved math as much as she did, but some of the appeal was just the math itself. Finally the bell rang and Arya had four minutes to get to her geometry class. She passed right by the chemistry class next door where her least favorite teacher was conducting experiments. He needed to be more careful, thought Arya. The teacher had once exploded a glass beaker and not on purpose. Arya took her seat and excitedly pulled out her notebook. It was her favorite color: hot pink. She assigned her notebook and folder colors in ways that felt right to her. And since geometry was her favorite subject, she made her notebook and folder for it her favorite color. As the teacher started to go over the most common mistakes from the last quiz, Arya could've swo...

Color palette

Original prompt: "Google "color palette," pick one, and write something inspired by it." I actually Googled "color palette public domain" to be sure I could use it and found the image on this post. I used the "floral" section for my inspiraiton. The soft sunlight somehow didn't dim the shine of the fireflies. Such it was in the fae realm. Fern loved this time of day in the faewild where it wasn't quite day, but it was far from night. Fern frolicked alone in the glade as she was want to do. It didn't matter to her that her laughter carried itself alone on the breeze; she was content. She wasn't sure how long she'd been alone as she watched the suns begin to set, but it was pleasant in its own way. But then, she heard a noise. It wasn't the noise of leaves on the wind or twigs snapping from some comforting creature. It was the noise of someone approaching with grim determination. Fern wasn't sure how to ready herself to ...