Skip to main content

A different kind of Tinder

"It's so sweet we're doing this together."

"Yeah, you know some couples might be against going on an app together, but I think it's really going to work out for us."

"Oh totally agreed. So do we make a profile together?"

"Yeah it looks like we can. I mean we can't be the only ones to do this."

"Definitely. Let's see, do we select a picture?"

"Yeah it looks like we should otherwise they may think we're like catfishing or like a cop."

"Good point. Let's do the one at that hotel downtown, we both look super hot in it. And then maybe also the one on that beach?"

"Perfect. I'll do those and the one of us at the dinner with your friends."

"Great."

"Now we need to write a bit of a description."

"How about, new couple seeks help ridding themselves of some baggage. Or is that too vague?"

"It's okay, but we do need to make sure that someone wants to swipe right on us. Let's say: two vulnerable women seek strong individual to help them get out some aggression?"

"Is that too sexual though?"

"I don't know, I mean this is supposed to be like Tinder right? I mean I know it's not literally Tinder, but isn't there supposed to be some level of plausible deniability?"

"I mean that's literally the name of the app, so yeah you're probably right. Let's go with that."

"Okay so we have a few photos, a description, and it looks like we can set a few preferences."

"Like what?"

"Like age."

"Does that really matter?"

"Well, I'd guess it corresponds to a bit with experience. Like a 20 year old probably hasn't been around too much and maybe a 60 year old has been around too much."

"Good point. Let's do 25-40?"

"Okay, set. Now distance."

"Hrm the farther away, the more expensive probably."

"But also the less likely that we'll run into them."

"Right...I guess do the maximum distance. We'll be able to afford it after it's all done."

"Exactly. Okay, now do we have a gender preference?"

"Well it would honestly be pretty cool if it was another woman, right? Like imagine the story: rage against the patriarchy."

"Very true, but I think it could limit us because of...well...the patriarchy."

"Yeah there probably aren't a ton of women in this field, huh?"

"Probably not. So should we just say no preference? That way we could maybe get the screw the patriarchy story."

"Sounds good. Is there anything else? Like skills or methods?"

"I think those would be in their profiles, I don't see a setting for them. Oh wait there are a few more settings though. Are we up for matching with another pair?"

"Seems like the fewer people who know about this the better, right? Like we don't want one person screwing up and blabbing."

"They are professionals though."

"I suppose, but I'd feel better if we stuck to just one. I mean certainly one person can take care of this. We're just trying to take care of Ralph...like, no offense, but your husband isn't a manly man."

"None taken. I'm choosing to be with you after all. Okay, we're all set, let's start swiping."

"Let's find us an assassin."

(Prompt by Lisa McInerney)
Tinder logo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

15 facts I learned from a random Wikipedia article

Original prompt: click on "Random Wikipedia Article" and write about whatever comes up (you can try 3 times and pick your favorite). For the record, I got Alejandro Estivill , Fencing at the 2011 Pan American Games – Women's épée , and Benjamin F. Jonas . I chose Benjamin F. Jonas because it was the longest of the three entries and it had a photo. He was born in Kentucky, moved to Illinois as a kid, and went to college and spent the rest of his life in Louisiana Jonas's father was a merchant and lawyer His father knew Lincoln (like they were real buds) Despite this, Jonas sided with the confederacy Not only did he side with the confederacy, but he joined the Confederate army and rose to the rank of major He went to University of Louisiana (now Tulane) Jonas was Jewish (I didn't know there were Jewish senators who served the Confederacy) He was the second Jewish U.S. Senator from Louisiana and the third Jewish Senator overall Jonas was the first Ashkenazi Jewish US...

Origin story or first issue of a superhero whose super power is geometry

Arya sat in history class and was bored. She longed to get to geometry, where things made more sense. She liked geometry so much that she had joined the math team to be able to do it more. Okay, there was also the extra time with her friends who loved math as much as she did, but some of the appeal was just the math itself. Finally the bell rang and Arya had four minutes to get to her geometry class. She passed right by the chemistry class next door where her least favorite teacher was conducting experiments. He needed to be more careful, thought Arya. The teacher had once exploded a glass beaker and not on purpose. Arya took her seat and excitedly pulled out her notebook. It was her favorite color: hot pink. She assigned her notebook and folder colors in ways that felt right to her. And since geometry was her favorite subject, she made her notebook and folder for it her favorite color. As the teacher started to go over the most common mistakes from the last quiz, Arya could've swo...

Color palette

Original prompt: "Google "color palette," pick one, and write something inspired by it." I actually Googled "color palette public domain" to be sure I could use it and found the image on this post. I used the "floral" section for my inspiraiton. The soft sunlight somehow didn't dim the shine of the fireflies. Such it was in the fae realm. Fern loved this time of day in the faewild where it wasn't quite day, but it was far from night. Fern frolicked alone in the glade as she was want to do. It didn't matter to her that her laughter carried itself alone on the breeze; she was content. She wasn't sure how long she'd been alone as she watched the suns begin to set, but it was pleasant in its own way. But then, she heard a noise. It wasn't the noise of leaves on the wind or twigs snapping from some comforting creature. It was the noise of someone approaching with grim determination. Fern wasn't sure how to ready herself to ...