Skip to main content

A diary entry from my D&D character

Dear Diary,

Life has certainly taken a change, hasn't it? I used to be the town pariah because people tend not to trust tieflings (just because we have devil blood which is so rude) and now I'm an adventurer with my trusty steed of Shrek (I hope grandma doesn't miss him around the farm too much). I even have a girlfriend. Well, can you call her my girlfriend? I was pretty smooth when I kissed her and asked her to wait for me but maybe I'm making assumptions. I am a flirty person, but I'm saving myself for Celeste. We have such a connection. It was like the universe told me that we were deeply connected before we even spoke. Sigh. I miss her. I hope we can get back to her soon.

But right now I need to learn more about this crystal. I'm hesitant to write this as I haven't told my companions, but it spoke to me. Not like how objects you like call out to you, but like actually spoke to me. It said "find us." I feel like I'm close now where we are and that maybe this creature that's stalking us could provide some answers, but I'm also scared of it. I guess I'm also somewhat scared of myself. What if I'm somehow connected to these nightmarish things that are being carved in my hometown? What if everyone is right and I am evil? Where did my powers even come from? I don't know, they could come from something bad. I'd hate to be evil. Can one be evil and not know it? My powers did used to do things without me meaning to, but maybe somehow I did mean to do it? That's a terrifying thought.

Maybe I should open up to my companions. We have been travelling together for a while now and they seem trustworthy. I just fear losing their faith in me. But maybe the longer I keep the secret, the worse it'll be to tell them. I wish I could talk to my grandma about it. She is so wise, but also secretive so she seems like she knows when to reveal something and when to keep it to oneself.

All of this would be great for a song, don't you think? I'm getting better at my flute, but I'm not great at it yet. If this adventuring thing dies down maybe I can just be a musician. Maybe that would be better. I can just ignore whatever gave me these powers and whatever talking stones there are and just go for a simple life of being a travelling musician. I could still see the world, but without all of the danger. Well, without most of the danger I suppose.

But then, I promised I'd help. I promised I'd help make our world a better place. A place where kids like me don't have to grow up like I did. A place where those who are different aren't met with derision. We'd have power again and we could use our magic like we're meant to. I do mean meant to because I don't think these powers were meant to be hidden or used so narrowly by those who think me a vile witch (not that they see any other kind of witches). Maybe they could just use someone to bring cheer? I think I'm good at that. But no, that's not what they asked for and I know it. But I need to get better at my powers before I can be of any real use. And, in order to do that, I should probably keep working out where they're from--that has to help, right?

So I guess I'm back to the dilemma of what to do about the creature stalking us. Am I making assumptions about it like people make of me? That would be rude of me. Maybe I should try approaching it. I'd need to talk to my friends (are they my friends? I think so, but we haven't said that I think. How do adults make friends?) about it first though. They will probably think it's a bad idea though. But maybe this will help me tell them about the stones talking to me.

I should be tending to Shrek right now, but I wanted to write to you a bit first. He'll be fine for a few more minutes. I think this has really helped me get a lot of my thoughts out.

Well it's really time to bed down for the night and to take care of Shrek. Goodnight, diary.

Love,

Chant

(Prompt by Kimisha Cassidy)

From D&D Beyond


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting my parental journey, part 1

To be clear, I am not pregnant. Nor do I currently plan on being pregnant soon. However, I promised myself that if I was 30 and still single I'd start to explore my options for having a child either on my own or later in life with a partner. Well, 30 came and went, but 31 is still here so close enough I figure. My first step was to make an appointment to discuss options with a doctor because I could do all the research I wanted on the internet, but I knew it would overwhelm me. As I write this, I haven't had that appointment yet so no news there. Now I made this appointment in February (hey, I was still 30 then!) and it was originally scheduled for October (yes, an 8-month wait for an initial appointment), but last week the appointment got moved up to this week and things got moving! The timing feels right in a certain way. Two people I care about are having babies in the next month, someone else I love is expecting next year, and I also know multiple couples either trying or g

Starting my parental journey, part 2

You can read part 1 here . Yesterday I began the next step of my parental journey. Ironically, it was starting birth control. This medicine helps prepare my ovaries for the egg retrieval process. It was weird taking the pill to prepare for my fertility journey because you typically think of the pill as ensuring you don't get pregnant. Obviously, I'm not getting pregnant now, but I am getting ready for that eventual possibility. There have also been various bureaucratic issues that I've been dealing with. Mostly insurance stuff (as I'm sure comes as no surprise). But, thanks to a new benefit at work that started 1/1/24, my journey will be (mostly) covered. While, again, there were some bureaucratic hurdles that I had to overcome in order for this to all work out, I am immensely glad that it did work out. I am nervous though. In part I'm nervous about a lot of the practicalities of this step in my journey. For instance, I will have to inject myself with various medica

90 Fiance: The Other Way, season 5, episode 24

Tell all time concludes?  Aw Kenny is sweet I guess Holly and Wayne are working it out? God, Tim, I don't care God, Shekinah, you are so brainwashed Dan, no one asked for you to be here Sarper, why are you admitting this? Gosh Midnight's birth sounds so scary Aw so we do get to see Midnight Chill, Brandan Shekinah, you thought Brandan was an angel until right now??? Okay three weeks isn't a long time to not ask for money, Brandan Brandan's mom, is so right...they need therapy Wait is there really only one therapist in all of Samoa? Mary, you shared your problems with a TV crew Oh Brandan and Mary are thinking of moving to the US or at least visiting Sarper, I suppose it takes one to know one Yohan...you sure look guilty Again, I'm not saying Daniele is great, but like, my dude, you definitely cheated on her Daniele, why haven't you filed already? Lol to Kimberly making a face I'm genuinely worried about Shekinah Daniele...are you going to keep living in the