"Oh my dear Doctor Duck, I am so down on my luck.
My back feels as though it has been struck."
"Kangaroo, my friend, I am sorry that you feel so blue.
Perhaps, with the right stretch, you will feel brand new."
"If you allow, I will climb aboard thou,
and I will help you, this I vow."
"With you on my back, I do feel a crack,
but my old self feels as though it's back."
"I am glad I could assist, but it seems my feet I did twist.
I must add getting new shoes to my list."
"Welcome to my shop, I will get you what you need faster than I could hop,
or my name isn't Lambchop.
"Now that I am well, I shall give my friend Kangaroo a yell.
Perhaps an adventure I can compel."
And so the two friends took flight, sailing through the deep, dark night,
soaring and exploring until they could see daylight."
(Prompt by me)
Cover art source
To read the original story (which is in the public domain), click here.









Comments
Post a Comment