Skip to main content

Ways C2E2 2026 was different than previous years

This year at C2E2 was different in a few ways for me.

1) There were no main stage panels I wanted to see. Now, the main stage panels were never my primary draw for C2E2 as I almost always buy my ticket before any guests or panels are announced. However, I think there is usually one that I want to see. 

But not this year.

That said, I wasn't disappointed. The smaller panels I did see were so much fun, definitely interesting, and, at times, quite meaningful. The panel I found the most fun was probably "Movies Everyone Disagrees with You On" (I got to rant about how I really HATE Man of Steel). The most interesting panel to me was "Chicago's Haunted Funeral Homes, Cadaver Labs, and Final Resting Places," where I learned about how the Eastland Disaster claimed more victims than the sinking of the Titanic, but was less talked about likely due to the fact that those who died were poor factory workers). And the most meaningful to me was "Women Supporting Women: A Cross-Generational Cosplay Conversation" which was, of course, in part a conversation about cosplay, but was also truly about how women can and need to support and show up for each other.

2) I got a celebrity autograph!

So, if you don't know, my biggest celebrity crush is and has been Tyler Hoechlin ever since I saw him play Derek Hale on the TV show Teen Wolf. Despite some scheduling shenanigans (that actually ultimately led me to getting a free selfie with him, so, Hell yeah!), I was so happy to meet him. He was more intensely handsome than I predicted (I had assumed more of his intensity on Teen Wolf was from acting or facial movements or makeup/costuming or SOMETHING, but no...he's just that intensely handsome--salt and pepper beard now and all). He was also so friendly and kind. If we're friends in real life (which I believe most of you who read this blog are), I will post my photo with him soon!

3) I commissioned a piece of artwork.

My favorite TV show is Leverage (my elevator pitch is always "5 thieves decide to Robin Hood," and I use the tagline my friend's mom said: "The most fun you'll ever have with class warfare"). Now, it has been off the air since 2012 (although the reboot Leverage: Redemption aired from 2021 until summer of last year), so it is generally not represented at large fandom events like C2E2.

However, this year, I was at the booth for Lenlencreates and I saw they had a little sign saying you could commission them to do silly artwork, no judgment, and for the price you set. I asked if doing three characters was too many and they said no, but that I'd probably have to come back the next day to get it as it'd take longer. I asked if they'd heard of Leverage. Unsurprisingly, they hadn't, but they said as long as there were reference images online, they would work it out. I said I'd like my favorite three characters (Eliot Spencer/Hitter, Parker/Thief, and Alec Hardison/Hacker) posing like Charlie's Angels. They said they'd text me when it was done.

The next day, I was perusing Artist Alley and I got the text that it was ready! I went back to the booth and was DELIGHTED by what they'd drawn (see the photo for this post!). It made me smile SO much and I plan to frame it (and perhaps even commission more Leverage-themed items from them or other artists).

So, while C2E2 2026 was different in some ways, they were all pretty good ones!

(Prompt by me)

Leverage fanart by Lenlencreates



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

15 facts I learned from a random Wikipedia article

Original prompt: click on "Random Wikipedia Article" and write about whatever comes up (you can try 3 times and pick your favorite). For the record, I got Alejandro Estivill , Fencing at the 2011 Pan American Games – Women's épée , and Benjamin F. Jonas . I chose Benjamin F. Jonas because it was the longest of the three entries and it had a photo. He was born in Kentucky, moved to Illinois as a kid, and went to college and spent the rest of his life in Louisiana Jonas's father was a merchant and lawyer His father knew Lincoln (like they were real buds) Despite this, Jonas sided with the confederacy Not only did he side with the confederacy, but he joined the Confederate army and rose to the rank of major He went to University of Louisiana (now Tulane) Jonas was Jewish (I didn't know there were Jewish senators who served the Confederacy) He was the second Jewish U.S. Senator from Louisiana and the third Jewish Senator overall Jonas was the first Ashkenazi Jewish US...

Origin story or first issue of a superhero whose super power is geometry

Arya sat in history class and was bored. She longed to get to geometry, where things made more sense. She liked geometry so much that she had joined the math team to be able to do it more. Okay, there was also the extra time with her friends who loved math as much as she did, but some of the appeal was just the math itself. Finally the bell rang and Arya had four minutes to get to her geometry class. She passed right by the chemistry class next door where her least favorite teacher was conducting experiments. He needed to be more careful, thought Arya. The teacher had once exploded a glass beaker and not on purpose. Arya took her seat and excitedly pulled out her notebook. It was her favorite color: hot pink. She assigned her notebook and folder colors in ways that felt right to her. And since geometry was her favorite subject, she made her notebook and folder for it her favorite color. As the teacher started to go over the most common mistakes from the last quiz, Arya could've swo...

Color palette

Original prompt: "Google "color palette," pick one, and write something inspired by it." I actually Googled "color palette public domain" to be sure I could use it and found the image on this post. I used the "floral" section for my inspiraiton. The soft sunlight somehow didn't dim the shine of the fireflies. Such it was in the fae realm. Fern loved this time of day in the faewild where it wasn't quite day, but it was far from night. Fern frolicked alone in the glade as she was want to do. It didn't matter to her that her laughter carried itself alone on the breeze; she was content. She wasn't sure how long she'd been alone as she watched the suns begin to set, but it was pleasant in its own way. But then, she heard a noise. It wasn't the noise of leaves on the wind or twigs snapping from some comforting creature. It was the noise of someone approaching with grim determination. Fern wasn't sure how to ready herself to ...