So, a malaphor is when you blend idioms or cliches into a new phrase (e.g. "It's not rocket surgery"). I was recently reminded of how silly and fun malaphors can be, so I figured I'd try my hand at making some! Here goes (these are in no particular order):
- Don't cry over low-hanging fruit
- Kill two birds with an unturned stone
- Throw caution to the bull in a china shop
- Saved by the can of worms
- Sharp as a doorknob
- We'll cross that bridge when the heart grows fonder
- Time flies when life gives you lemons
- Time will tell what's the best medicine
- All's well that ends in love and war
- Every cloud has a lemonade lining
- Icing on the wolf in sheep's clothing
- The shoe fits on the tip of my tongue
- Keep the diamond in the rough at bay
- Makes my melting pot boil
- Running with the wolves got my goat
(Prompt by me)
""It's not like it's rocket surgery."" by Nathan Proudlove. Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic.
Comments
Post a Comment