Yes, I know that Survivor's 51st season premiered Wednesday night, but my friends and I watch on streaming on Thursdays (or that's the plan!). So here are a random collection of questions, hopes, and other thoughts on this season premiere I had before watching.
- Why are there 21 players but two announced tribes (and it's been a while since there have just been two tribes I believe)? What's that odd person out going to do?
- Also, I thought tribes were usually announced prior to the premiere, but they didn't this time...I wonder why?
- My fantasy team is Angelica “Jelly” Loblack (a sociology professor), Brady Booker (a professional wrestler), Danny “Kilby” Kilby (a game designer), and Ori Jean-Charles (a physical trainer and former pro-athlete)--I am eager to know if they're on the same tribe or different tribes as I think two are going to be better at puzzles and two are going to be better at physical challenges (although I think Ori could be good at both, but folks are going to more rely on him for his physicality), so perhaps they can help each other stay in the game!
- As far as I can tell (although I haven't done too much digging in case of spoilers), there isn't like a "theme" to this season so I wonder if one will be revealed or if the vibe is more like "buckle up for surprises cause we're giving you no hints"
- Some folks on this cast have really fun jobs (e.g. voice actor and lingerie and adult store owner) and I hope we get to learn more about them
- How are there two players who, in their literal Survivor bios, describe themselves as "not outdoorsy"?
- On the other hand, out of 21 players, how are three farmers?
- I think there are also three players with Rhode Island connections? The smallest of our states???
- There are also several folks with emergency-related skills and while I hope they do not have to use them, Survivor can be dangerous so I could see their skills being vital
- I think both lawyers will lie about their jobs (as is tradition)
- Per his own bio, the player who will be the biggest agent of chaos looks like it will be Lewis Kelly--while I am glad he wasn't randomly drafted on my team as chaos agents tend not to win, chaos agents are often the most fun to watch because of how unpredictable they are
- I am curious if we're ever going to get a hint that Jeff is going to pass the baton/torch snuffer. It felt more like after 50 that would be a good time to change hands, but that didn't happen so is he going for 100 (jk, he'd be 89 then)?
- One of the players on my team, "Kilby," describes himself as a "Survivor dork"--I have missed the show making the contestants play trivia about the country they're in and/or about previous seasons--maybe we'll bring that back?
- I believe this season (from the preview) has the "jump off the boat and take what ya can" element again (which I love)
- Looking forward to it!
(Prompt by me)
Survivor 51 logo, CBS/ParamountLogo source

Comments
Post a Comment