Long ago, I thought of one parody lyric for this song, so now I'm challenging myself to do the full parody. I call it "SCL" (summa cum laude).
Na-na-na, read on
Na-na-na, read on
Na-na-na-na-na, read on
Na-na-na, read on, read on, read on
Na-na-na-na-na, read on
Na-na-na, read on
Na-na-na-na-na, read on
Na-na-na, read on, read on, read on
Na-na-na-na, read on
Feels so good being smart (oh, oh, oh, oh, oh)
There's no way I'm ceasing books (oh, oh, oh, oh, oh)
Now the cram is for pleasure
'Cause nothing can measure (oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh)
Love is great, love is fine (oh, oh, oh, oh, oh)
Only genius is my shrine (oh, oh, oh, oh, oh)
The researching of a scholar leaves me wanting more
(Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh)
'Cause I may be sharp, and I'm perfectly apt at it
Facts in a book, I don't care, I love the smell of it
Sophistry may anger me
But brains and wits excite me
'Cause I may be sharp, and I'm perfectly apt at it
Facts in a book, I don't care, I love the smell of it
Sophistry may anger me
But brains and wits excite me
Na-na-na, read on, read on, read on
I like it, like it, read on, read on, read on
I like it, like it, read on, read on, read on
I like it, like it read on, read on, read on
I like it, like it
Love is great, love is fine (oh, oh, oh, oh, oh)
Only genius is my shrine (oh, oh, oh, oh, oh)
The researching of a scholar leaves me wanting more
(Oh, oh) oh, oh, oh, oh
'Cause I may be sharp, and I'm perfectly apt at it
Facts in a book, I don't care, I love the smell of it
Sophistry may anger me
But brains and wits excite me
Na-na-na, read on (read on, read on)
I learn it, learn it, read on (read on, read on)
I learn it, learn it, read on (read on, read on)
I learn it, learn it, read on (read on, read on)
I learn it, learn it
S, S, S C L, L, L
S, S, S C L, L, L
Oh, I love the notion you bring to me
Oh, you turn me on
It's exactly what I've been yearning for
Don't give it to me wrong
And meet me in my study
Make my mind say, "Ah, ah, ah, " I learn it, learn it
'Cause I may be sharp, and I'm perfectly apt at it
Facts in a book, I don't care, I love the smell of it
Sophistry may anger me
But brains and wits excite me
'Cause I may be sharp, and I'm perfectly apt at it
Facts in a book, I don't care, I love the smell of it
Sophistry may anger me
But brains and wits excite me
Na-na-na, read on (read on, read on)
I learn it, learn it, read on (read on, read on)
I learn it, learn it, read on (read on, read on)
I learn it, learn it, read on (read on, read on)
I learn it, learn it
S, S, S C L, L, L
S, S, S C L, L, L
S, S, S C L, L, L
(Prompt by me)
Photo by Jadon Johnson on Unsplash
Comments
Post a Comment