Wen through some of my dad's stuff today and "Take a Bow" by Rihanna came into my head, so here's my attempt to combine those two experiences.
Oh, how about a round of mem'ries?
Yeah, a scarring retention
Ooh, whoa, yeah
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
You'd look so blank right now
Standing right by my side
Trying to explain your life
You're so barefaced when you lie
Please, just leave my mind
And you couldn't say you're sorry 'cause you're not
Because dad you'd only say sorry cause it's fraught
But you'd put on quite a show (Ooh, oh)
Really have me going
But, now, I should let go (Ooh, oh)
The chance for truth's all done
There was once a chance (Ooh, oh)
Very sad reminder
But it's all gone now (But it's all gone now)
Go and leave, you know how
Oh, oh
I sort clothes and your things (Your things)
You crated away so
You would not truly be seen (Be seen)
Actin' like "Kids, I love you, you know me"
That just sounds like you'll retreat
Please, what could I plea? (Oh, oh)
And you couldn't say you're sorry 'cause you're not (Mmm)
Because dad you'd only say sorry cause it's fraught
But you'd put on quite a show (Ooh, oh)
Really have me going
But, now, I should let go (Ooh, oh)
The chance for truth's all done
There was once a chance (Ooh, oh)
Very sad reminder
But it's all gone now (But it's all gone now)
Go and leave, you know how
Oh, and the award for the worst woe goes to me (Goes to me)
For truly I believed
That we had more chances to mend
And we'd be whole, oh
How 'bout a round of mem'ries?
A scarring retention
But you'd put on quite a show (Ooh, oh)
Really have me going
But, now, I should let go (Ooh, oh)
The chance for truth's all done
There was once a chance (Ooh, oh)
Very sad reminder
But it's all gone now (But it's all gone now)
Go and leave, you know how
But it's all gone now
(Prompt by me)
Photo by Volkan Olmez on Unsplash
Comments
Post a Comment