Skip to main content

Next hit reality show

Okay I have several ideas.

Real Housewives: Generations
Most of the women in this franchise have children and I can say that because I've seen at least a little of each of the iterations of this show. Now these shows have been going on long enough that some of the children are 18 and some are even in their 30s because they started off this show as teenagers. Can you imagine if there was a show that was just the children of some of the housewives? Think of all of the past and history that could be brought up on these shows (and you know how the real housewives like to bring these up). What does Gia have to say about that crazy christening? Does the next generation follow in the feuds of their mothers? What family drama is there? Do Lauren and Lexi speak when their mothers don't? Anyways, I just think this is going to happen one day because I don't see this franchise slowing down at all and so many of the children are of the right age group now or will be of the right age group soon. So get ready to see those kids you saw as adorable, bright-eyed children flip tables and call each other bitches.

Are You the One?: Everyone is Bi
So Are You the One? was once great trash TV. I loved it dearly and watched it habitually. I think a season where everyone is bisexual (or pan or queer or whatever as long as they could potentially be matched with everyone else on the show) would be epic. MTV fans would be fine with their being queer people on their reality TV so I don't see a fall out there. Now, there would have to be a few things to make the game easier for the contestants as their would be way too many possibilities. One option could be more truth booths, but I think an interesting one could be telling how many couples are two men, how many are two women, and how many are a man and a woman (e.g. if there will be 10 couples total, the contestants could be told that there are 4 couples that are a woman and a woman, 3 that are a man and a man, and 3 that are a man and a woman). I think this would help give them enough data to actually win the show as the contestants losing the show is just a huge bummer. Anyways, get it together MTV, give us the newest iteration of 'the game' that we all actually want (seriously, not even letting the contestants pick whom they go on dates with, what the hell?)

90 Day Fiance: Gay Couples
As my latest addiction in reality TV, I have been thinking a lot about 90 Day Fiance. One thing I've noticed is that they show hasn't had a gay couple on the show yet. Come on, TLC, you are missing a huge opportunity here. I feel like there could be some really interesting stories in how different countries view gay couples (maybe even in some of the countries people are immigrating from same sex marriage isn't legal?). Do these couples face extra hurdles (whether technically or just in reality) in the visa process? Do these couples struggle even more for acceptance from their families? How do gay communities vary from country to country? There is so much potential in this. A whole season of gay couples would be great, but I hope TLC at least gets one gay couple on this show. It's just silly that they don't have one yet.

If anyone has any connections, think about making these happen (but please give me credit and some cash would be great :P). I think they'd do well.

(Prompt by me)

Photo source: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:OTVbelweder-front.jpg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting my parental journey, part 1

To be clear, I am not pregnant. Nor do I currently plan on being pregnant soon. However, I promised myself that if I was 30 and still single I'd start to explore my options for having a child either on my own or later in life with a partner. Well, 30 came and went, but 31 is still here so close enough I figure. My first step was to make an appointment to discuss options with a doctor because I could do all the research I wanted on the internet, but I knew it would overwhelm me. As I write this, I haven't had that appointment yet so no news there. Now I made this appointment in February (hey, I was still 30 then!) and it was originally scheduled for October (yes, an 8-month wait for an initial appointment), but last week the appointment got moved up to this week and things got moving! The timing feels right in a certain way. Two people I care about are having babies in the next month, someone else I love is expecting next year, and I also know multiple couples either trying or g

90 Fiance: The Other Way, season 5, episode 24

Tell all time concludes?  Aw Kenny is sweet I guess Holly and Wayne are working it out? God, Tim, I don't care God, Shekinah, you are so brainwashed Dan, no one asked for you to be here Sarper, why are you admitting this? Gosh Midnight's birth sounds so scary Aw so we do get to see Midnight Chill, Brandan Shekinah, you thought Brandan was an angel until right now??? Okay three weeks isn't a long time to not ask for money, Brandan Brandan's mom, is so right...they need therapy Wait is there really only one therapist in all of Samoa? Mary, you shared your problems with a TV crew Oh Brandan and Mary are thinking of moving to the US or at least visiting Sarper, I suppose it takes one to know one Yohan...you sure look guilty Again, I'm not saying Daniele is great, but like, my dude, you definitely cheated on her Daniele, why haven't you filed already? Lol to Kimberly making a face I'm genuinely worried about Shekinah Daniele...are you going to keep living in the

Starting my parental journey, part 2

You can read part 1 here . Yesterday I began the next step of my parental journey. Ironically, it was starting birth control. This medicine helps prepare my ovaries for the egg retrieval process. It was weird taking the pill to prepare for my fertility journey because you typically think of the pill as ensuring you don't get pregnant. Obviously, I'm not getting pregnant now, but I am getting ready for that eventual possibility. There have also been various bureaucratic issues that I've been dealing with. Mostly insurance stuff (as I'm sure comes as no surprise). But, thanks to a new benefit at work that started 1/1/24, my journey will be (mostly) covered. While, again, there were some bureaucratic hurdles that I had to overcome in order for this to all work out, I am immensely glad that it did work out. I am nervous though. In part I'm nervous about a lot of the practicalities of this step in my journey. For instance, I will have to inject myself with various medica