Skip to main content

Lost memory card

"What if it's state secrets?"

"Photographed state secrets? Wouldn't state secrets be on a USB drive not a memory card?"

"Some state secrets have to be photographs or videos."

"Fair enough."

"So what if it's state secrets?"

"Then there is a really terrible spy out there if they're leaving a memory card with state secrets in an uber."

"Well what if it's private investigator photos?"

"Again, then there's a very bad private investigator out there."

"You're not fun with this game."

"Who said it was a game? I only told you I found a memory card in my car."

"And since you're an uber driver I thought it'd be fun to speculate on all of the people you've had in your car and make up stories about them."

"See, again, that was you coming up with a game, not me."

"Games are fun."

"Sure, but what is more fun is making sure my uber rating doesn't go down because some customer dropped this but thinks I stole it."

"Why would a memory card be worth stealing?"

"I thought you were the one coming up with all sorts of stories about that."

"Aha! So you've given me permission to continue with that."

"I never said that!"

"But you brought it up."

"No, you did."

"Whatever, I'm going to keep coming up with ideas."

"You do that, I'm going to see if anyone messaged me about a lost item."

"Maybe they're from a fashion photographer and it has the latest designs on them."

"Yes, famous fashion photographers exclusively take ubers."

"Maybe it's an art student who has made the next great short film."

"I'll give you that that's the most realistic one yet, but I think an art student would a) have copies and b) keep the memory card in a camera."

"Well do you have any messages about a lost item?"

"No, not yet. Not sure what to do."

"I'm going to go with keep speculating wildly."

"You do that, I'm going to send customer service an email."

"God you're no fun."

"Never claimed to be."

"What if it's an investigative journalist who is about to uncover a great scandal."

"Scandals are more tabloid, aren't they?"

"Pretty sure people called Watergate a scandal, excuse you."

"Fair enough."

"But now that you mention it, it could also be a tabloid journalist."

"Hrm since I've had so many riders, there really isn't good advice on here as to what to do with a lost item."

"Why don't you just actually look to see what's on it?"

"Isn't that like a violation of privacy?"

"Well it seems to me it'd be easier to pop the card into your computer, see if you recognize anyone on the photos or videos, and then, if you do, contact the rider."

"That's a surprisingly smart plan for someone who initially thought this was state secrets."

"Hey! I didn't really think that, I was just playing a game."

"Sure."

"Just put it in your computer and see."

"Okay, here we go."

"Man is your computer slow."

"I drive uber, don't really have a ton of cash for a bigger one."

"I guess that's fair. Oh hey it opened."

"I...these are photos of me and Greg. See? This is the photo I took of our dinner on our first date, this one is the first time we actually took a photo together, here's one from our vacation...what is this?"

"Maybe you should look through them all?"

"Do you know what this is?"

"Just look at them! I'm trying not to ruin it."

"Is that...is that a photo of him on one knee?"

"Do you really need me to tell you if that's your fiance on one knee?"

"Fiance?!?"

"Uh, I mean, if you say yes isn't he?"

"Is this--did you--was this a plan?"

"Maybe."

"Maybe?"

"Now come with me, there is someone waiting int he backyard for you. Get it together or the next photos are going to feature you exclusively with runny mascara."

"I can't believe you didn't tell me to put the memory card in first! What was with the whole game thing?"

"Oh I needed to stall, the candles weren't lit yet."

(Prompt by me)
Photo by Raul Medina Diaz: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Memories_Sticks.jpg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting my parental journey, part 1

To be clear, I am not pregnant. Nor do I currently plan on being pregnant soon. However, I promised myself that if I was 30 and still single I'd start to explore my options for having a child either on my own or later in life with a partner. Well, 30 came and went, but 31 is still here so close enough I figure. My first step was to make an appointment to discuss options with a doctor because I could do all the research I wanted on the internet, but I knew it would overwhelm me. As I write this, I haven't had that appointment yet so no news there. Now I made this appointment in February (hey, I was still 30 then!) and it was originally scheduled for October (yes, an 8-month wait for an initial appointment), but last week the appointment got moved up to this week and things got moving! The timing feels right in a certain way. Two people I care about are having babies in the next month, someone else I love is expecting next year, and I also know multiple couples either trying or g

90 Fiance: The Other Way, season 5, episode 24

Tell all time concludes?  Aw Kenny is sweet I guess Holly and Wayne are working it out? God, Tim, I don't care God, Shekinah, you are so brainwashed Dan, no one asked for you to be here Sarper, why are you admitting this? Gosh Midnight's birth sounds so scary Aw so we do get to see Midnight Chill, Brandan Shekinah, you thought Brandan was an angel until right now??? Okay three weeks isn't a long time to not ask for money, Brandan Brandan's mom, is so right...they need therapy Wait is there really only one therapist in all of Samoa? Mary, you shared your problems with a TV crew Oh Brandan and Mary are thinking of moving to the US or at least visiting Sarper, I suppose it takes one to know one Yohan...you sure look guilty Again, I'm not saying Daniele is great, but like, my dude, you definitely cheated on her Daniele, why haven't you filed already? Lol to Kimberly making a face I'm genuinely worried about Shekinah Daniele...are you going to keep living in the

Starting my parental journey, part 2

You can read part 1 here . Yesterday I began the next step of my parental journey. Ironically, it was starting birth control. This medicine helps prepare my ovaries for the egg retrieval process. It was weird taking the pill to prepare for my fertility journey because you typically think of the pill as ensuring you don't get pregnant. Obviously, I'm not getting pregnant now, but I am getting ready for that eventual possibility. There have also been various bureaucratic issues that I've been dealing with. Mostly insurance stuff (as I'm sure comes as no surprise). But, thanks to a new benefit at work that started 1/1/24, my journey will be (mostly) covered. While, again, there were some bureaucratic hurdles that I had to overcome in order for this to all work out, I am immensely glad that it did work out. I am nervous though. In part I'm nervous about a lot of the practicalities of this step in my journey. For instance, I will have to inject myself with various medica