Skip to main content

My life as postcards

Well I must be quite famous if my life is going to be made into a set of postcards, aren't I so fancy? If my life was the theme of a postcard book, here are a few things I think would be in it:

  1. Alligators. Yeah I've already talked about this on the blog, but alligators are my favorite animal and Steve Irwin was a childhood hero, so I know that they would have to feature prominently.
  2. My family. If I'm famous, I bet people would be dying to see pictures of me and my family. Luckily, as someone whose mom takes a ton of photos, this would be easy to oblige. There could be birthdays, graduations, museum visits, beach days, and weddings. So many to pick from.
  3. My friends. Now, I inherited the shutterbug gene from my mom (who got it from her mom, to be fair) so I've taken literally thousands of photos of my friends (don't believe me? check my Facebook) so there would have to be a ton of these. We have prom pictures, selfies, graduation photos, weddings, various theme parties, gift exchanges, and days spent in the park.
  4. Chicago. My hometown would have to feature, it's such a huge part of who I am. Probably mostly it would be photos of Hyde Park, but definitely also photos of the lake and downtown.
  5. My schools. I actually haven't been to too many schools in my life, but Ancona, Walter Payton, Swarthmore, University College Cork, and National University of Ireland, Galway would all have to play a part in the postcard set. Probably Ancona would play the biggest role if we're going by time (which would mean UCC would have the least amount of cards), but WPCP, Swarthmore, and (now) NUIG I feel like all played a huge role in who I am (becoming).
  6. Fandoms. Oh god there would be so many fandom cards. To name a few we'd need: Friends, Scooby Doo, Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, Star Wars, Star Trek, Firefly, I Love Lucy, Marvel (not DC though), Ouran High School Host Club, My Favorite Murder, Why Won't You Date Me, Sawbones, MBMBAM, Yuri on Ice, Dear America (because we really should go all the way back to childhood and who didn't love these books?), Teen Wolf, OOTS, The Walking Dead, and so many more, but I really should move on to another point.
  7. I feel like favorite foods would have to play a role. To just name a few these would be: chocolate cake, tuna spaghetti, that prosciutto pasta recipe I make, mac and cheese, watermelon, strawberries, and green grapes.
  8. Writing would need to play a role somehow. I guess I could try to pick out profound quotes that I've written (oof that might be hard) or maybe just use my writing prompts (do writing prompt postcards exist? if not, they should).
  9. Reading. Related to writing, I think we could either pull book covers or pull quotes from my favorite books and authors. Some of these would be easy to get because most books I like are quite well known, but some would require people to read the weirder books that I've liked (but hey maybe that means those authors are getting more money, so yay!).
  10. Travel. Besides Ireland, I have been to Canada, Mexico, England, Italy, Netherlands, Belgium, and Iceland, so probably some photos of all of those should feature. I guess I could also include places I want to visit like Spain, Mongolia, Egypt, and Ecuador (to be clear, these are just my top places I'd like to visit, not the only places I'd like to visit).
I wonder if any of that would actually work for a postcard book or if anyone (even if I was famous) would actually buy it. Who knows? It was fun just to think about a bunch of stuff that I love though, there are certainly worse ways to spend fifteen minutes. 

What would be in your postcard book? I'd love to hear it :)


(Prompt by me)
Photo by Baltimore Heritage

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting my parental journey, part 1

To be clear, I am not pregnant. Nor do I currently plan on being pregnant soon. However, I promised myself that if I was 30 and still single I'd start to explore my options for having a child either on my own or later in life with a partner. Well, 30 came and went, but 31 is still here so close enough I figure. My first step was to make an appointment to discuss options with a doctor because I could do all the research I wanted on the internet, but I knew it would overwhelm me. As I write this, I haven't had that appointment yet so no news there. Now I made this appointment in February (hey, I was still 30 then!) and it was originally scheduled for October (yes, an 8-month wait for an initial appointment), but last week the appointment got moved up to this week and things got moving! The timing feels right in a certain way. Two people I care about are having babies in the next month, someone else I love is expecting next year, and I also know multiple couples either trying or g

90 Fiance: The Other Way, season 5, episode 24

Tell all time concludes?  Aw Kenny is sweet I guess Holly and Wayne are working it out? God, Tim, I don't care God, Shekinah, you are so brainwashed Dan, no one asked for you to be here Sarper, why are you admitting this? Gosh Midnight's birth sounds so scary Aw so we do get to see Midnight Chill, Brandan Shekinah, you thought Brandan was an angel until right now??? Okay three weeks isn't a long time to not ask for money, Brandan Brandan's mom, is so right...they need therapy Wait is there really only one therapist in all of Samoa? Mary, you shared your problems with a TV crew Oh Brandan and Mary are thinking of moving to the US or at least visiting Sarper, I suppose it takes one to know one Yohan...you sure look guilty Again, I'm not saying Daniele is great, but like, my dude, you definitely cheated on her Daniele, why haven't you filed already? Lol to Kimberly making a face I'm genuinely worried about Shekinah Daniele...are you going to keep living in the

Starting my parental journey, part 2

You can read part 1 here . Yesterday I began the next step of my parental journey. Ironically, it was starting birth control. This medicine helps prepare my ovaries for the egg retrieval process. It was weird taking the pill to prepare for my fertility journey because you typically think of the pill as ensuring you don't get pregnant. Obviously, I'm not getting pregnant now, but I am getting ready for that eventual possibility. There have also been various bureaucratic issues that I've been dealing with. Mostly insurance stuff (as I'm sure comes as no surprise). But, thanks to a new benefit at work that started 1/1/24, my journey will be (mostly) covered. While, again, there were some bureaucratic hurdles that I had to overcome in order for this to all work out, I am immensely glad that it did work out. I am nervous though. In part I'm nervous about a lot of the practicalities of this step in my journey. For instance, I will have to inject myself with various medica