Skip to main content

The plan?

"So what's the plan?"

"My plan was to follow your plan!"

"You know, I'm really tired of you just assuming that I'm always going to plan everything."

"Are we really getting into this now, Karen?"

"You know what, yeah, yeah we are. I planned our anniversary, I've planned all of our dates and vacations, I even planned our visits to your mother."

"I certainly never asked you to do that."

"Well if I waited for you to ask me, then we'd never get it done!"

"And that would be fine."

"Oh sure, let's make your mom hate me even more. What a great plan, Steve."

"She...likes you fine."

"You're a terrible liar."

"I'll take that, but seriously we need a plan."

"Why don't you make a plan for once?"

"Karen, we're trying to get this job done right, shouldn't the better planner make the plan?"

"That lame attempt at flattery is going to get you nowhere--"

"But you're so--"

"And fast."

"Fine."

"Fine."

"...but seriously, Karen, we need a plan."

"I can't believe you're like this, but I guess we do it similar to our last job, right? It's pretty much the same."

"I don't know, don't we want to be original?"

"..."

"Okay, fine, fine. Last plan it is."

"Great."

"Great."

"Steve?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you remember the plan we had last time?"

"I mean I definitely do, but it would be great to hear you say it again from those beautiful-"

"Steve."

"Right. No, I don't."

"We're never going to build up a reputation if you keep being like this."

"Is a reputation really what's best for this kind of job? Seems like operating in the shadows would work best."

"Are you saying that because that's what you actually think or because you don't think we're good enough?"

"Definitely the first one."

"..."

"I mean, isn't that the right answer?"

"Can't you figure anything out for yourself, Steve?"

"I think we've established that I can't, Karen."

"Fine."

"Karen?"

"Yeah?"

"Soooo...what's the plan?"

"Fine! We start by surveilling the perimeter."

"A brilliant start to the plan, babe."

"Then we see if there are any broken locks or windows or doors left open."

"Perfect."

"If so, we'll use one of those for our point of entry, if not I'll pick the back door while you cut the power."

"Lovin' it."

"Once we're inside, we'll quietly get upstairs and work our way down looking for jewelry and other light weight valuables and be out in under ten minutes."

"I did skip leg day this week."

"Then we'll leave, sprint to our car two four blocks away, and drive to our fence."

"I totally remember this all now."

"You do not."

"Okay fine, but I can follow it. You go right, I'll go left."

"Steve, you're moving to your right."

"Oh, right. Uh I guess I'll go right and you go left."

"Nothing on the left side. How's the right?"

"Cracked window in the bathroom, for gross reasons I assume."

"Just show me."

"Here it is."

"Okay, be quiet, I'll try and shift it open more."

"What was that?"

"What was what?"

"Didn't you hear something?"

"If I did, I wouldn't be asking you, Steve."

"I think I heard someone say, 'Mommy' and then..."

"And then what?"

"And then 'there are two big shadows arguing' and then a phone dialing."

"We gotta run."

"See, if we'd had a plan we wouldn't have to be running from the cops again."

"Then you make the plan next time, Steve!"

"Maybe I will, Karen. Maybe I will."

(Prompt by Katie Durr)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting my parental journey, part 1

To be clear, I am not pregnant. Nor do I currently plan on being pregnant soon. However, I promised myself that if I was 30 and still single I'd start to explore my options for having a child either on my own or later in life with a partner. Well, 30 came and went, but 31 is still here so close enough I figure. My first step was to make an appointment to discuss options with a doctor because I could do all the research I wanted on the internet, but I knew it would overwhelm me. As I write this, I haven't had that appointment yet so no news there. Now I made this appointment in February (hey, I was still 30 then!) and it was originally scheduled for October (yes, an 8-month wait for an initial appointment), but last week the appointment got moved up to this week and things got moving! The timing feels right in a certain way. Two people I care about are having babies in the next month, someone else I love is expecting next year, and I also know multiple couples either trying or g

90 Fiance: The Other Way, season 5, episode 24

Tell all time concludes?  Aw Kenny is sweet I guess Holly and Wayne are working it out? God, Tim, I don't care God, Shekinah, you are so brainwashed Dan, no one asked for you to be here Sarper, why are you admitting this? Gosh Midnight's birth sounds so scary Aw so we do get to see Midnight Chill, Brandan Shekinah, you thought Brandan was an angel until right now??? Okay three weeks isn't a long time to not ask for money, Brandan Brandan's mom, is so right...they need therapy Wait is there really only one therapist in all of Samoa? Mary, you shared your problems with a TV crew Oh Brandan and Mary are thinking of moving to the US or at least visiting Sarper, I suppose it takes one to know one Yohan...you sure look guilty Again, I'm not saying Daniele is great, but like, my dude, you definitely cheated on her Daniele, why haven't you filed already? Lol to Kimberly making a face I'm genuinely worried about Shekinah Daniele...are you going to keep living in the

Starting my parental journey, part 2

You can read part 1 here . Yesterday I began the next step of my parental journey. Ironically, it was starting birth control. This medicine helps prepare my ovaries for the egg retrieval process. It was weird taking the pill to prepare for my fertility journey because you typically think of the pill as ensuring you don't get pregnant. Obviously, I'm not getting pregnant now, but I am getting ready for that eventual possibility. There have also been various bureaucratic issues that I've been dealing with. Mostly insurance stuff (as I'm sure comes as no surprise). But, thanks to a new benefit at work that started 1/1/24, my journey will be (mostly) covered. While, again, there were some bureaucratic hurdles that I had to overcome in order for this to all work out, I am immensely glad that it did work out. I am nervous though. In part I'm nervous about a lot of the practicalities of this step in my journey. For instance, I will have to inject myself with various medica