Skip to main content

15 things I saw in Andorra la Vella today

Hey all, I think I'm fighting off a cold, so I'm having an early night in and I'm going to do another journal-type entry.

  1. Casa de la Vall. Today I got to see the inside and get a tour (for only 2.50). I learned about the government of Andorra (which is really like no other) and a bit of history.
  2. Souvenirs with witches on them. I have yet to find out the significance (if there is one), but there sure do seem to be a lot.
  3. A goat cheese salad with honey and bacon. It was odd, but very tasty.
  4. A green mannequin in a flower-inspired outfit. It was outside and had no sign, so I have no idea what it was for.
  5. Ham and cheese flavored chips. They're officially called "York'eso" but the picture told me my linguistic guesses were on the money. Before you ask, no I did not buy them.
  6. Some kind of liquor with a cartoon cow for its logo. I just found this very confusing.
  7. A cigar store using Groucho Marx and Winston Churchill to try and sell their products. I just found it odd to walk down the street and suddenly see them as advertising fodder.
  8. Lovely spots along the river to read. There is a lovely sound of rushing water and shady benches.
  9. New photos of my newest nephew. Welcome to the world, little man. I've started saving photos of you to my phone.
  10. A candy and ice cream shop I have to go back to tomorrow.
  11. No where to buy a bracelet. The only bracelets I've seen are either very expensive or just say 'Andorra.' I'll have to continue my hunt tomorrow.
  12. Some kind of police investigation. There were so many cops in one place (about 15 I'd say) and I also saw a few photographing a motorcycle. People around were staring, but I still have no idea what was going on. I saw a few ambulances and a helicopter later if that can help anyone piece it together.
  13. 7 poetes sculpture by Jaume Plensa. I learned by figuring out what these guys were called that while they all look just yellow, they light up different colors at night.
  14. Two bug bites. Not sure when or where I got them, but they itch!
  15. A flashing green light outside my hotel room. I really don't know what it is, to be honest.
(Prompt by me)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting my parental journey, part 1

To be clear, I am not pregnant. Nor do I currently plan on being pregnant soon. However, I promised myself that if I was 30 and still single I'd start to explore my options for having a child either on my own or later in life with a partner. Well, 30 came and went, but 31 is still here so close enough I figure. My first step was to make an appointment to discuss options with a doctor because I could do all the research I wanted on the internet, but I knew it would overwhelm me. As I write this, I haven't had that appointment yet so no news there. Now I made this appointment in February (hey, I was still 30 then!) and it was originally scheduled for October (yes, an 8-month wait for an initial appointment), but last week the appointment got moved up to this week and things got moving! The timing feels right in a certain way. Two people I care about are having babies in the next month, someone else I love is expecting next year, and I also know multiple couples either trying or g

Starting my parental journey, part 2

You can read part 1 here . Yesterday I began the next step of my parental journey. Ironically, it was starting birth control. This medicine helps prepare my ovaries for the egg retrieval process. It was weird taking the pill to prepare for my fertility journey because you typically think of the pill as ensuring you don't get pregnant. Obviously, I'm not getting pregnant now, but I am getting ready for that eventual possibility. There have also been various bureaucratic issues that I've been dealing with. Mostly insurance stuff (as I'm sure comes as no surprise). But, thanks to a new benefit at work that started 1/1/24, my journey will be (mostly) covered. While, again, there were some bureaucratic hurdles that I had to overcome in order for this to all work out, I am immensely glad that it did work out. I am nervous though. In part I'm nervous about a lot of the practicalities of this step in my journey. For instance, I will have to inject myself with various medica

90 Fiance: The Other Way, season 5, episode 24

Tell all time concludes?  Aw Kenny is sweet I guess Holly and Wayne are working it out? God, Tim, I don't care God, Shekinah, you are so brainwashed Dan, no one asked for you to be here Sarper, why are you admitting this? Gosh Midnight's birth sounds so scary Aw so we do get to see Midnight Chill, Brandan Shekinah, you thought Brandan was an angel until right now??? Okay three weeks isn't a long time to not ask for money, Brandan Brandan's mom, is so right...they need therapy Wait is there really only one therapist in all of Samoa? Mary, you shared your problems with a TV crew Oh Brandan and Mary are thinking of moving to the US or at least visiting Sarper, I suppose it takes one to know one Yohan...you sure look guilty Again, I'm not saying Daniele is great, but like, my dude, you definitely cheated on her Daniele, why haven't you filed already? Lol to Kimberly making a face I'm genuinely worried about Shekinah Daniele...are you going to keep living in the