Skip to main content

15 things I saw in Andorra la Vella today

Hey all, I think I'm fighting off a cold, so I'm having an early night in and I'm going to do another journal-type entry.

  1. Casa de la Vall. Today I got to see the inside and get a tour (for only 2.50). I learned about the government of Andorra (which is really like no other) and a bit of history.
  2. Souvenirs with witches on them. I have yet to find out the significance (if there is one), but there sure do seem to be a lot.
  3. A goat cheese salad with honey and bacon. It was odd, but very tasty.
  4. A green mannequin in a flower-inspired outfit. It was outside and had no sign, so I have no idea what it was for.
  5. Ham and cheese flavored chips. They're officially called "York'eso" but the picture told me my linguistic guesses were on the money. Before you ask, no I did not buy them.
  6. Some kind of liquor with a cartoon cow for its logo. I just found this very confusing.
  7. A cigar store using Groucho Marx and Winston Churchill to try and sell their products. I just found it odd to walk down the street and suddenly see them as advertising fodder.
  8. Lovely spots along the river to read. There is a lovely sound of rushing water and shady benches.
  9. New photos of my newest nephew. Welcome to the world, little man. I've started saving photos of you to my phone.
  10. A candy and ice cream shop I have to go back to tomorrow.
  11. No where to buy a bracelet. The only bracelets I've seen are either very expensive or just say 'Andorra.' I'll have to continue my hunt tomorrow.
  12. Some kind of police investigation. There were so many cops in one place (about 15 I'd say) and I also saw a few photographing a motorcycle. People around were staring, but I still have no idea what was going on. I saw a few ambulances and a helicopter later if that can help anyone piece it together.
  13. 7 poetes sculpture by Jaume Plensa. I learned by figuring out what these guys were called that while they all look just yellow, they light up different colors at night.
  14. Two bug bites. Not sure when or where I got them, but they itch!
  15. A flashing green light outside my hotel room. I really don't know what it is, to be honest.
(Prompt by me)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

15 facts I learned from a random Wikipedia article

Original prompt: click on "Random Wikipedia Article" and write about whatever comes up (you can try 3 times and pick your favorite). For the record, I got Alejandro Estivill , Fencing at the 2011 Pan American Games – Women's épée , and Benjamin F. Jonas . I chose Benjamin F. Jonas because it was the longest of the three entries and it had a photo. He was born in Kentucky, moved to Illinois as a kid, and went to college and spent the rest of his life in Louisiana Jonas's father was a merchant and lawyer His father knew Lincoln (like they were real buds) Despite this, Jonas sided with the confederacy Not only did he side with the confederacy, but he joined the Confederate army and rose to the rank of major He went to University of Louisiana (now Tulane) Jonas was Jewish (I didn't know there were Jewish senators who served the Confederacy) He was the second Jewish U.S. Senator from Louisiana and the third Jewish Senator overall Jonas was the first Ashkenazi Jewish US...

Origin story or first issue of a superhero whose super power is geometry

Arya sat in history class and was bored. She longed to get to geometry, where things made more sense. She liked geometry so much that she had joined the math team to be able to do it more. Okay, there was also the extra time with her friends who loved math as much as she did, but some of the appeal was just the math itself. Finally the bell rang and Arya had four minutes to get to her geometry class. She passed right by the chemistry class next door where her least favorite teacher was conducting experiments. He needed to be more careful, thought Arya. The teacher had once exploded a glass beaker and not on purpose. Arya took her seat and excitedly pulled out her notebook. It was her favorite color: hot pink. She assigned her notebook and folder colors in ways that felt right to her. And since geometry was her favorite subject, she made her notebook and folder for it her favorite color. As the teacher started to go over the most common mistakes from the last quiz, Arya could've swo...

Color palette

Original prompt: "Google "color palette," pick one, and write something inspired by it." I actually Googled "color palette public domain" to be sure I could use it and found the image on this post. I used the "floral" section for my inspiraiton. The soft sunlight somehow didn't dim the shine of the fireflies. Such it was in the fae realm. Fern loved this time of day in the faewild where it wasn't quite day, but it was far from night. Fern frolicked alone in the glade as she was want to do. It didn't matter to her that her laughter carried itself alone on the breeze; she was content. She wasn't sure how long she'd been alone as she watched the suns begin to set, but it was pleasant in its own way. But then, she heard a noise. It wasn't the noise of leaves on the wind or twigs snapping from some comforting creature. It was the noise of someone approaching with grim determination. Fern wasn't sure how to ready herself to ...