Skip to main content

15 trip highlights

Kimi and I wrapped up our trip today and since our trip included busy days and often no WiFi, I know I missed a few days. From here on out though, I should be back on track. For now, here are some trip highlights.

  1. Giant's Causeway. I finally got to see this incredible and bizarre natural site. The audio guides were also fascinating and I learned about some folklore. I also learned that there are basking sharks off the shore. 
  2. Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge. I am very proud of myself for actually crossing this rope bridge. Kimi smartly only told me after we were done that it was 100 feet about the sea and rocks. My legs were a little wobbly after, but maybe I'm one step closer to conquering my fear of heights.
  3. Glenariff Waterfall Walk. While I got very tired towards the end of this walk, the waterfalls were spectacular. Even though it was drizzling, it was still a lovely walk.
  4. Mussenden Temple. While the name may make you think it's an old site of worship, it's ruins of a bishop's mansion and library. I wish I could have a private library like this one. The grounds are also gorgeous and make you think of fairies walking around.
  5. Hill of Tara. We just did this today but wow does this site have so much history to it. It has been a burial ground, a political site, a home, and even a suspected location of the arc of the covenant. I would highly recommend a visit, but know that the signs for finding it are few and far between.
  6. Botanical Gardens in Belfast. Why these didn't pop up as suggestions for us to visit is beyond me. They are fragrant, stunning, and free!
  7. Murals in Derry. There is a lot of history packed into these.
  8. Barbican at Glenarm. I know Kimi thinks it's haunted, but I don't think so. However, we both agree that it was an incredible place to stay. It's full of history and charm. Plus, I found a book that taught me how to read fortunes in cards, palms, and tea leaves. Also, I made a fire and was quite proud.
  9. Live Music in Belfast, I'm so glad that I go tot share a grand Irish tradition with Kimi.
  10. Getting Close to Cows. Before Kimi and I realized that we'd ended up on the wrong road, we found a round tower thing by a church and by them were some cows that were very excited to see us. We could've petted the cows, that's how close they got. For the record, we didn't pet the cows, but it was tempting.
  11. The Dark Hedges. What a beautiful road. While some sights call it a natural wonder, it was made by one guy. Some say the place is haunted, but we did not see the so-called Grey Lady.
  12. Reading Artemis Fowl. Kimi started reading this book to me and I'm so intrigued. How come no one ever told me there was a character named Holly before?
  13. Showing Kimi a bit of Galway. We only had a few hours, but I got to show Kimi the river, the bay, and my favorite restaurant.
  14. Drinking Chocolate Tea. Yesterday, Kimi and I stopped at a place called Chocolate Hotel and I bought some chocolate tea. I drank it this morning and it was lovely. I'll look out for more.
  15. Tea, Lunch, and Cake at the Glenarm Castle Tea Room. This food was so tasty, especially the cake. Plus, when you can have tea on castle grounds, you should have tea on castle grounds.
Many photos to come!

(Prompt by me)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting my parental journey, part 1

To be clear, I am not pregnant. Nor do I currently plan on being pregnant soon. However, I promised myself that if I was 30 and still single I'd start to explore my options for having a child either on my own or later in life with a partner. Well, 30 came and went, but 31 is still here so close enough I figure. My first step was to make an appointment to discuss options with a doctor because I could do all the research I wanted on the internet, but I knew it would overwhelm me. As I write this, I haven't had that appointment yet so no news there. Now I made this appointment in February (hey, I was still 30 then!) and it was originally scheduled for October (yes, an 8-month wait for an initial appointment), but last week the appointment got moved up to this week and things got moving! The timing feels right in a certain way. Two people I care about are having babies in the next month, someone else I love is expecting next year, and I also know multiple couples either trying or g

Starting my parental journey, part 2

You can read part 1 here . Yesterday I began the next step of my parental journey. Ironically, it was starting birth control. This medicine helps prepare my ovaries for the egg retrieval process. It was weird taking the pill to prepare for my fertility journey because you typically think of the pill as ensuring you don't get pregnant. Obviously, I'm not getting pregnant now, but I am getting ready for that eventual possibility. There have also been various bureaucratic issues that I've been dealing with. Mostly insurance stuff (as I'm sure comes as no surprise). But, thanks to a new benefit at work that started 1/1/24, my journey will be (mostly) covered. While, again, there were some bureaucratic hurdles that I had to overcome in order for this to all work out, I am immensely glad that it did work out. I am nervous though. In part I'm nervous about a lot of the practicalities of this step in my journey. For instance, I will have to inject myself with various medica

90 Fiance: The Other Way, season 5, episode 24

Tell all time concludes?  Aw Kenny is sweet I guess Holly and Wayne are working it out? God, Tim, I don't care God, Shekinah, you are so brainwashed Dan, no one asked for you to be here Sarper, why are you admitting this? Gosh Midnight's birth sounds so scary Aw so we do get to see Midnight Chill, Brandan Shekinah, you thought Brandan was an angel until right now??? Okay three weeks isn't a long time to not ask for money, Brandan Brandan's mom, is so right...they need therapy Wait is there really only one therapist in all of Samoa? Mary, you shared your problems with a TV crew Oh Brandan and Mary are thinking of moving to the US or at least visiting Sarper, I suppose it takes one to know one Yohan...you sure look guilty Again, I'm not saying Daniele is great, but like, my dude, you definitely cheated on her Daniele, why haven't you filed already? Lol to Kimberly making a face I'm genuinely worried about Shekinah Daniele...are you going to keep living in the