Skip to main content

Tips to stay cozy

I know it's summer, but eventually winter will be here and so it's good to think of some tips now.

  1. Get several blankets. It's good to have ones that are different levels of fluffiness so that you can mix and match to have just the right amount of warmth without making yourself sweat profusely. Definitely consider getting an electric one because they are just blissful. Also consider getting one of the blankets that is a bit like a sleeping bag in that you can have your legs just contained by it.
  2. Get big, fluffy socks. These will keep you warm and can, if need be, be layered over other socks. This will help keep you extra warm. Plus fluffiness is just delightful.
  3. Get clothing with hoods. So much heat comes off the top of your head, so if you're cold it's a great idea to cover your head. Hoods are an easy way to do this as you can't lose them (like hats) and you can also easily take them on and off as you please. Again, like with the blankets, have ones that are different levels of thickness. This way you can adjust as you need to. 
  4. Try a lot of hot drinks. You may not be a tea person, but maybe you're a cocoa person. There has to be some warm drink that you like. Warming yourself from the inside is just the best.
  5. Even if you don't find a hot drink you like, heat up some water and put it in the mug. You can warms your hands around the mug and if you really want to do something warming, then you can put your warm hands on your face. My mom used to do this all the time when I was little and it was great.
  6. If you have a fireplace, definitely light a fire. Fires produce so much heat and also give off a lovely smell.
  7. Cuddle with a loved one or pet. It's been shown to be good for mental health and it will keep you so very warm. You may have to borrow one from a friend, but cuddly animals are kind and also give off a lot of heat. You'll be so happy when you have furry friend sitting over your icy toes.
  8. Take a hot bath. The warmth from baths really permeates and will make you nice and toasty.
  9. Cuddle a hot water bottle. These things give off so much heat and stay warm for a long time. Plus many are fluffy and that's nice.
  10. Cuddle a stuffed animal. They really are another layer and sometimes it's just nice to hold something close to your chest.
What tips do you all have to stay warm? Did I miss any really good ones? Did you already know these or did I manage to tell you something new?

I know this one is a bit off season, but I must have written this prompt when I was chilly in my room in Ireland (which was often). I hope you at least found it a pleasant read. Remember to enjoy the warmth of summer as, before you know it, you'll need these tips.


(Prompt by me)
 Photo source

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting my parental journey, part 1

To be clear, I am not pregnant. Nor do I currently plan on being pregnant soon. However, I promised myself that if I was 30 and still single I'd start to explore my options for having a child either on my own or later in life with a partner. Well, 30 came and went, but 31 is still here so close enough I figure. My first step was to make an appointment to discuss options with a doctor because I could do all the research I wanted on the internet, but I knew it would overwhelm me. As I write this, I haven't had that appointment yet so no news there. Now I made this appointment in February (hey, I was still 30 then!) and it was originally scheduled for October (yes, an 8-month wait for an initial appointment), but last week the appointment got moved up to this week and things got moving! The timing feels right in a certain way. Two people I care about are having babies in the next month, someone else I love is expecting next year, and I also know multiple couples either trying or g

Starting my parental journey, part 2

You can read part 1 here . Yesterday I began the next step of my parental journey. Ironically, it was starting birth control. This medicine helps prepare my ovaries for the egg retrieval process. It was weird taking the pill to prepare for my fertility journey because you typically think of the pill as ensuring you don't get pregnant. Obviously, I'm not getting pregnant now, but I am getting ready for that eventual possibility. There have also been various bureaucratic issues that I've been dealing with. Mostly insurance stuff (as I'm sure comes as no surprise). But, thanks to a new benefit at work that started 1/1/24, my journey will be (mostly) covered. While, again, there were some bureaucratic hurdles that I had to overcome in order for this to all work out, I am immensely glad that it did work out. I am nervous though. In part I'm nervous about a lot of the practicalities of this step in my journey. For instance, I will have to inject myself with various medica

90 Fiance: The Other Way, season 5, episode 24

Tell all time concludes?  Aw Kenny is sweet I guess Holly and Wayne are working it out? God, Tim, I don't care God, Shekinah, you are so brainwashed Dan, no one asked for you to be here Sarper, why are you admitting this? Gosh Midnight's birth sounds so scary Aw so we do get to see Midnight Chill, Brandan Shekinah, you thought Brandan was an angel until right now??? Okay three weeks isn't a long time to not ask for money, Brandan Brandan's mom, is so right...they need therapy Wait is there really only one therapist in all of Samoa? Mary, you shared your problems with a TV crew Oh Brandan and Mary are thinking of moving to the US or at least visiting Sarper, I suppose it takes one to know one Yohan...you sure look guilty Again, I'm not saying Daniele is great, but like, my dude, you definitely cheated on her Daniele, why haven't you filed already? Lol to Kimberly making a face I'm genuinely worried about Shekinah Daniele...are you going to keep living in the