Skip to main content

Who wouldn't be angry you ate all of my cereal and and faked your death for three years!

"Who wouldn't be angry you ate all of my cereal and and faked your death for three years!"

"Are you equally mad about both of those things?"

"You don't get to question my emotions right now. I thought you were dead!"

"Well it was necessary, I promise."

"Okay so what happened?"

"Oooh I'm not sure I'm ready to talk about that yet."

"You aren't ready."

"Yeah."

"Hrm, you know what?"

"What?"

"I don't think you get to make that decision right now. You owe me."

"Because I faked my own death or because I ate all of your cereal?"

"Okay, under most circumstances, just one of those would be enough, but right now it's both."

"I would need to explain to you why I ate all of your cereal even if there was no other thing I did?"

"Yeah, I think so. I have a lot of cereal so eating all of it would require some kind of explanation."

"I suppose that's true. You do spend too much money on cereal."

"Are we really talking about this right now?"

"Why not?"

"Because you faked your own death and I'm still waiting to hear any sort of a reason."

"Okay, fine. I suppose I do owe you an explanation...I did eat all of your cereal."

"Are you making a joke right now?"

"Maybe."

"Stop it."

"I can't promise that."

"Do you not owe me that too after all of these years?"

"So just because I ate all of your cereal, I have to tell you why I faked my own death and not joke?"

"The cereal isn't the point!"

"You sure did mention it though."

"Okay, I'll stop bringing it up, but tell me where you've been."

"Where I've been or why I faked my own death?"

"I'm gonna go with you have to do both."

"Fine."

"Okay, so tell me."

"So remember when I used to be a delivery guy?"

"Yeah, that's what you were doing right before you fake died."

"Right so I mostly did just deliver food, but there was one time there was something weird in a pizza delivery."

"Oh?"

"Yeah, there were these little baggies with something kinda powdery in them."

"Could you tell what it was?"

"Well I wasn't sure, but I figured it couldn't be good so I threw them out. I didn't want to be a drug delivery guy, you know?"

"Sure."

"So I ditched the things, but then the guy I delivered the pizza to asked me if the place had forgotten anything and I got really worried so I just stuttered that I didn't think so. He rolled his eyes and said he'd make a call and then closed the door in my face without giving me a tip."

"So you thought it was a drug thing?"

"Well at first I thought I was being paranoid. But then each time I ditched the packets, the customer was annoyed. Then my boss told me that we had to talk and I just knew he had to be a kingpin so I faked my own death."

"Why did you come back then?"

"Well while I was on the run, I ordered a pizza."

"What a colossally dumb thing to do if you think a kingpin wants you dead."

"But wait, let me finish. When I got the pizza, there were little powdery packets. I thought this was a sign that I had been found, but I asked the delivery guy what they were and he told me they were--"

"Parmesan."

"How did you know?"

"Because a ton of pizza places do that, you idiot!"

"Okay, well I didn't know that."

"You were a food delivery guy! How could you not know!"

"Okay, so I'm unobservant. Sue me."

"I can't believe you...So why did you eat all of my cereal?"

"Oh, I thought me screwing with you would let you know I was still alive. So really, I should be mad at you for not understanding my clue when you think about it."

(Prompt sent by Katie Durr)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting my parental journey, part 1

To be clear, I am not pregnant. Nor do I currently plan on being pregnant soon. However, I promised myself that if I was 30 and still single I'd start to explore my options for having a child either on my own or later in life with a partner. Well, 30 came and went, but 31 is still here so close enough I figure. My first step was to make an appointment to discuss options with a doctor because I could do all the research I wanted on the internet, but I knew it would overwhelm me. As I write this, I haven't had that appointment yet so no news there. Now I made this appointment in February (hey, I was still 30 then!) and it was originally scheduled for October (yes, an 8-month wait for an initial appointment), but last week the appointment got moved up to this week and things got moving! The timing feels right in a certain way. Two people I care about are having babies in the next month, someone else I love is expecting next year, and I also know multiple couples either trying or g

Starting my parental journey, part 2

You can read part 1 here . Yesterday I began the next step of my parental journey. Ironically, it was starting birth control. This medicine helps prepare my ovaries for the egg retrieval process. It was weird taking the pill to prepare for my fertility journey because you typically think of the pill as ensuring you don't get pregnant. Obviously, I'm not getting pregnant now, but I am getting ready for that eventual possibility. There have also been various bureaucratic issues that I've been dealing with. Mostly insurance stuff (as I'm sure comes as no surprise). But, thanks to a new benefit at work that started 1/1/24, my journey will be (mostly) covered. While, again, there were some bureaucratic hurdles that I had to overcome in order for this to all work out, I am immensely glad that it did work out. I am nervous though. In part I'm nervous about a lot of the practicalities of this step in my journey. For instance, I will have to inject myself with various medica

90 Fiance: The Other Way, season 5, episode 24

Tell all time concludes?  Aw Kenny is sweet I guess Holly and Wayne are working it out? God, Tim, I don't care God, Shekinah, you are so brainwashed Dan, no one asked for you to be here Sarper, why are you admitting this? Gosh Midnight's birth sounds so scary Aw so we do get to see Midnight Chill, Brandan Shekinah, you thought Brandan was an angel until right now??? Okay three weeks isn't a long time to not ask for money, Brandan Brandan's mom, is so right...they need therapy Wait is there really only one therapist in all of Samoa? Mary, you shared your problems with a TV crew Oh Brandan and Mary are thinking of moving to the US or at least visiting Sarper, I suppose it takes one to know one Yohan...you sure look guilty Again, I'm not saying Daniele is great, but like, my dude, you definitely cheated on her Daniele, why haven't you filed already? Lol to Kimberly making a face I'm genuinely worried about Shekinah Daniele...are you going to keep living in the