Skip to main content

Thoughts on Secret Celebrity RuPaul's Drag Race season 1, episode 1

Let's give this new spinoff a whirl!

  1. I still need more of an explanation of the format of this show (for the record, I did not look anything up about this show so it could be that the format was explained in a promo)
  2. So why are we guessing them now? We don't even get a full silhouette 
  3. So is there a winner each episode?
  4. Uhhh am I supposed to know who Nico Tortorella is? Sorry...I do not recognize them at all
  5. Okay I recognize Jordan Connor from Riverdale
  6. Okay I also don't know who Jermaine Fowler is
  7. Now this isn't to say that these people aren't well-known because there are plenty of people I haven't heard of...I'm just saying I only know 1 out of the 3 so there may be some references to their stuff that is going to go over my head
  8. Aw I like that charities get money from this
  9. Bob is doing a lot of TV this year
  10. I love that Monet still references the sponge outfit
  11. Man I am excited to see these guys get into drag by themselves (although I believe Nico said they had done it before)
  12. Jordan...I don't think you need a bra if you're wearing a breast plate
  13. Jordan...I know you get makeup put on you for Riverdale
  14. This is a very enjoyable challenge
  15. "Put the zipper in the front, change fashion"
  16. I love how confident all of these men are
  17. Jordan is adorable
  18. Wow making them do Snatch Game feels so harsh to do so fast
  19. Babykins La Roux is a great drag name
  20. Olivette Isyou is also a great name
  21. Okay so the two heel newbies are better than we've seen other newbies
  22. I thought someone had done Lucille Ball (internet tells me no...why did I think that?)?
  23. Transgender Law Center donation page
  24. That is not a Lucy enough wig...just saying like she is known for her hair
  25. Cystic Fibrosis Canada donation page
  26. Miss Mimi Teapot is a sweet name
  27. Aw I love that Jermaine is doing this for his mom and daughter
  28. RAINN donation page
  29. Jermaine's Kevin Hart is very good
  30. Does Trixie have a Tamagotchi ring? I want it
  31. Thank goodness the contestants don't have to do their own makeup
  32. That's so sweet that Jermaine feels like he got to see his mom again
  33. I don't get the references in the queens' fake bios
  34. Having Bob on the panel will be funny but I feel like she'll upstage the newbies
  35. I think Lucille Ball actually was a natural redhead...internet tells me I'm wrong...boy am I wrong about a lot of stuff today
  36. Nico's physical comedy is great, but their lines aren't 
  37. Okay Nico's Vitameatavegamin gag was great
  38. Babykins looks gorgeous, but has work to do on her walk
  39. Mimi also looks beautiful and also has a better walk than Babykins
  40. Olivette looks like perfection
  41. Jermaine is so short
  42. I love how they are cramming everything into this episode including a like live version of the family videos we used to get in Untucked 
  43. Jermaine's girlfriend seems so sweet
  44. The 'for your charity' part being so dramatic is so funny to me
  45. A Madonna song is such a fun choice
  46. Where did Jordan get that rose???
  47. I think Olivette is the best dancer, but to me it looked like Babykins was having the most fun
  48. My guess is Mimi wins
  49. Babykins wins!!!
  50. I'm glad each charity gets money
(Prompt by me)
Secret Celebrity RuPaul's Drag Race VH1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting my parental journey, part 1

To be clear, I am not pregnant. Nor do I currently plan on being pregnant soon. However, I promised myself that if I was 30 and still single I'd start to explore my options for having a child either on my own or later in life with a partner. Well, 30 came and went, but 31 is still here so close enough I figure. My first step was to make an appointment to discuss options with a doctor because I could do all the research I wanted on the internet, but I knew it would overwhelm me. As I write this, I haven't had that appointment yet so no news there. Now I made this appointment in February (hey, I was still 30 then!) and it was originally scheduled for October (yes, an 8-month wait for an initial appointment), but last week the appointment got moved up to this week and things got moving! The timing feels right in a certain way. Two people I care about are having babies in the next month, someone else I love is expecting next year, and I also know multiple couples either trying or g

Starting my parental journey, part 2

You can read part 1 here . Yesterday I began the next step of my parental journey. Ironically, it was starting birth control. This medicine helps prepare my ovaries for the egg retrieval process. It was weird taking the pill to prepare for my fertility journey because you typically think of the pill as ensuring you don't get pregnant. Obviously, I'm not getting pregnant now, but I am getting ready for that eventual possibility. There have also been various bureaucratic issues that I've been dealing with. Mostly insurance stuff (as I'm sure comes as no surprise). But, thanks to a new benefit at work that started 1/1/24, my journey will be (mostly) covered. While, again, there were some bureaucratic hurdles that I had to overcome in order for this to all work out, I am immensely glad that it did work out. I am nervous though. In part I'm nervous about a lot of the practicalities of this step in my journey. For instance, I will have to inject myself with various medica

90 Fiance: The Other Way, season 5, episode 24

Tell all time concludes?  Aw Kenny is sweet I guess Holly and Wayne are working it out? God, Tim, I don't care God, Shekinah, you are so brainwashed Dan, no one asked for you to be here Sarper, why are you admitting this? Gosh Midnight's birth sounds so scary Aw so we do get to see Midnight Chill, Brandan Shekinah, you thought Brandan was an angel until right now??? Okay three weeks isn't a long time to not ask for money, Brandan Brandan's mom, is so right...they need therapy Wait is there really only one therapist in all of Samoa? Mary, you shared your problems with a TV crew Oh Brandan and Mary are thinking of moving to the US or at least visiting Sarper, I suppose it takes one to know one Yohan...you sure look guilty Again, I'm not saying Daniele is great, but like, my dude, you definitely cheated on her Daniele, why haven't you filed already? Lol to Kimberly making a face I'm genuinely worried about Shekinah Daniele...are you going to keep living in the