Skip to main content

Thoughts on Canada's Drag Race season 1, episode 1

 I've been meaning to watch this forever!

  1. Priyanka does look amazing and it's even more impressive that she's only been doing drag for two years
  2. I love that Priyanka was a kids' television show host
  3. Ilona Verley has a look
  4. Ilona Verley has a teen idol tattoo
  5. Kiara is adorable
  6. Juice Boxx...related to Pandora Boxx?
  7. Juice Boxx got stuck and that's hilarious
  8. Anastarzia Anaquway has such presence 
  9. Lemon should've gone harder on the lemon look for her entrance
  10. Lemon has done fashion week?
  11. "I love your duvet"
  12. I'm excited to see Lemon dance
  13. Scarlett Bobo looks famliar
  14. Kyne is SO CUTE and funny
  15. I think BOA is referencing a movie that people did a dish inspired by on Top Chef
  16. Rita Baga's sci-fi look is working for me
  17. Jimbo is like a parody of kids' TV show character
  18. Tynomi Banks interview look is ridiculous but she is gorgeous
  19. Yes, I hope there are many Canada puns this season
  20. Stacey McKenzie looks so familiar (IMDB suggests I saw her on ANTM)
  21. Brook Lynn!!!
  22. Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman is too attractive
  23. A year of hotel stays is great
  24. I love photo challenges with a physical challenge thrown in
  25. Ilona did great
  26. Priyanka's wide eyes made me cackle
  27. Everyone is getting great shots
  28. Jimbo is hilarious and is clearly amusing the judges
  29. "Now that was a blow job"
  30. I do want there to be more drag race romances
  31. I honestly liked other photos better than Kyne's
  32. The Canadian pit crew does not disappoint
  33. I love that Kyne is just upfront about giving people boxes that they don't want
  34. I love that there are actual potatoes in BOA's box
  35. Yes, cheese curds...but don't eat those because they have been sitting out for a while...
  36. Ilona is first nations and is sharing their culture as well as what it means to be two spirit
  37. Kyne's confidence is going to annoy the other queens
  38. Okay I get that it would be hard to be 19 and paying NYC rent...but there are many other places in the world where you'd grow up faster
  39. Go BOA and Juice Boxx for being sober
  40. I have no idea who this guest host is
  41. It's also interesting that they're having a guest host instead of a guest judge
  42. Anastarzia Anaquway has a great coat
  43. "Red for quilt"
  44. Kiara looks amazing like horror and fashion
  45. Lemon looks Anime-like
  46. Ilona's make up is great and the skirt is impressive craftsmanship
  47. Kyne does look disco but the balls falling off isn't great
  48. Scarlet Bobo definitely keeps her look up
  49. Jimbo's skirt is amazing and I love how it moves
  50. I think I might like Tynomi's outfit better without the coat
  51. BOA needs credit for using the potatoes
  52. Juice Boxx looks adorable but the skirt is too short
  53. Priyanka looks great and the crab claws on the heels is perfection
  54. Rita Baga is telling a story with her look and also eating on the runway
  55. I do think Lemon had great details, but yes the overall shape wasn't great
  56. Kyne...when does talking back to the judges work out?
  57. Okay I don't think BOA should've been in the top
  58. No need to be embarrassed Juice Boxx...you can't control having a panic attack
  59. Kyne...did you really think you were the winner?
  60. I would've picked Jimbo to win tbh
  61. Kyne throwing the balls was pretty funny
  62. I don't want either Lemon or Juice Boxx to go home
  63. I think Lemon has some better moves but Juice Boxx is feeling the song more
  64. Yes I love acting challenges
  65. I'm excited for more!

(Prompt by me)

Canada's Drag Race VH1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting my parental journey, part 1

To be clear, I am not pregnant. Nor do I currently plan on being pregnant soon. However, I promised myself that if I was 30 and still single I'd start to explore my options for having a child either on my own or later in life with a partner. Well, 30 came and went, but 31 is still here so close enough I figure. My first step was to make an appointment to discuss options with a doctor because I could do all the research I wanted on the internet, but I knew it would overwhelm me. As I write this, I haven't had that appointment yet so no news there. Now I made this appointment in February (hey, I was still 30 then!) and it was originally scheduled for October (yes, an 8-month wait for an initial appointment), but last week the appointment got moved up to this week and things got moving! The timing feels right in a certain way. Two people I care about are having babies in the next month, someone else I love is expecting next year, and I also know multiple couples either trying or g

Starting my parental journey, part 2

You can read part 1 here . Yesterday I began the next step of my parental journey. Ironically, it was starting birth control. This medicine helps prepare my ovaries for the egg retrieval process. It was weird taking the pill to prepare for my fertility journey because you typically think of the pill as ensuring you don't get pregnant. Obviously, I'm not getting pregnant now, but I am getting ready for that eventual possibility. There have also been various bureaucratic issues that I've been dealing with. Mostly insurance stuff (as I'm sure comes as no surprise). But, thanks to a new benefit at work that started 1/1/24, my journey will be (mostly) covered. While, again, there were some bureaucratic hurdles that I had to overcome in order for this to all work out, I am immensely glad that it did work out. I am nervous though. In part I'm nervous about a lot of the practicalities of this step in my journey. For instance, I will have to inject myself with various medica

90 Fiance: The Other Way, season 5, episode 24

Tell all time concludes?  Aw Kenny is sweet I guess Holly and Wayne are working it out? God, Tim, I don't care God, Shekinah, you are so brainwashed Dan, no one asked for you to be here Sarper, why are you admitting this? Gosh Midnight's birth sounds so scary Aw so we do get to see Midnight Chill, Brandan Shekinah, you thought Brandan was an angel until right now??? Okay three weeks isn't a long time to not ask for money, Brandan Brandan's mom, is so right...they need therapy Wait is there really only one therapist in all of Samoa? Mary, you shared your problems with a TV crew Oh Brandan and Mary are thinking of moving to the US or at least visiting Sarper, I suppose it takes one to know one Yohan...you sure look guilty Again, I'm not saying Daniele is great, but like, my dude, you definitely cheated on her Daniele, why haven't you filed already? Lol to Kimberly making a face I'm genuinely worried about Shekinah Daniele...are you going to keep living in the