Skip to main content

Thoughts on RuPaul's Drag Race season 13, interlude

Time to learn about pandemic filming

  1. They have really dramatic lighting for this
  2. I do wonder why they decided to make this
  3. It's cool to see the audition videos
  4. Did Denali do a flip in skates???
  5. I feel dumb, but I hadn't thought about how filming must've been so much more stressful for Tamisha because she was so much more vulnerable to COVID
  6. It's eerie to see NYC empty
  7. Kandy had COVID?
  8. Olivia's mom is beautiful
  9. Olivia had it too
  10. I feel bad for Rosé and her boyfriend having to be apart
  11. Digital drag really exploded
  12. I'm glad they're also addressing the murder of George Floyd
  13. I love all of the impressions
  14. A wig shortage!
  15. I hope Kahmora's family watches and is proud of her
  16. I would've gone nuts quarantining by myself for two weeks
  17. Wow the only thing you'd get is a red folder
  18. I hadn't noticed that the werkroom got bigger
  19. I hadn't thought about how much more exciting it would be to see the other queens after being quarantined for two weeks
  20. I wonder if the queens are closer from this season
  21. The cinnamon roll thing was adorable
  22. I remember Nicole Byer saying that the set was the safest she'd been on
  23. Testing three times a week is a lot but I think necessary
  24. LaLa compares getting COVID tested to action. HA
  25. How weird it would be to not know what people you work with look like
  26. Oh yeah no pit crew...
  27. Ha Jeffrey Boyer-Chapman wasn't there at all
  28. It must've been so stressful to not hear from people during a global pandemic
  29. I wonder if there are any queens who said no to this season
  30. Huh I didn't know the interviews were done with i-Pads
  31. I wish they included some of the technical difficulties in the show itself
  32. The clapping is fun
  33. Tamisha got COVID?
  34. I'm glad Tamisha didn't have anything serious
  35. Oof I'm not going to be ready for conventions for a long time
  36. Thanks for saying the title, Tina
  37. I like the message of finding joy
  38. And Drag Race does bring people joy
  39. Sad dedicaiton
  40. So while that was interesting, I think if it was interspersed throughout the season it would've been way more interesting

(Prompt by me)

RuPaul's Drag Race: Corona Can't Keep a Good Queen Down VH1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting my parental journey, part 1

To be clear, I am not pregnant. Nor do I currently plan on being pregnant soon. However, I promised myself that if I was 30 and still single I'd start to explore my options for having a child either on my own or later in life with a partner. Well, 30 came and went, but 31 is still here so close enough I figure. My first step was to make an appointment to discuss options with a doctor because I could do all the research I wanted on the internet, but I knew it would overwhelm me. As I write this, I haven't had that appointment yet so no news there. Now I made this appointment in February (hey, I was still 30 then!) and it was originally scheduled for October (yes, an 8-month wait for an initial appointment), but last week the appointment got moved up to this week and things got moving! The timing feels right in a certain way. Two people I care about are having babies in the next month, someone else I love is expecting next year, and I also know multiple couples either trying or g

Starting my parental journey, part 2

You can read part 1 here . Yesterday I began the next step of my parental journey. Ironically, it was starting birth control. This medicine helps prepare my ovaries for the egg retrieval process. It was weird taking the pill to prepare for my fertility journey because you typically think of the pill as ensuring you don't get pregnant. Obviously, I'm not getting pregnant now, but I am getting ready for that eventual possibility. There have also been various bureaucratic issues that I've been dealing with. Mostly insurance stuff (as I'm sure comes as no surprise). But, thanks to a new benefit at work that started 1/1/24, my journey will be (mostly) covered. While, again, there were some bureaucratic hurdles that I had to overcome in order for this to all work out, I am immensely glad that it did work out. I am nervous though. In part I'm nervous about a lot of the practicalities of this step in my journey. For instance, I will have to inject myself with various medica

90 Fiance: The Other Way, season 5, episode 24

Tell all time concludes?  Aw Kenny is sweet I guess Holly and Wayne are working it out? God, Tim, I don't care God, Shekinah, you are so brainwashed Dan, no one asked for you to be here Sarper, why are you admitting this? Gosh Midnight's birth sounds so scary Aw so we do get to see Midnight Chill, Brandan Shekinah, you thought Brandan was an angel until right now??? Okay three weeks isn't a long time to not ask for money, Brandan Brandan's mom, is so right...they need therapy Wait is there really only one therapist in all of Samoa? Mary, you shared your problems with a TV crew Oh Brandan and Mary are thinking of moving to the US or at least visiting Sarper, I suppose it takes one to know one Yohan...you sure look guilty Again, I'm not saying Daniele is great, but like, my dude, you definitely cheated on her Daniele, why haven't you filed already? Lol to Kimberly making a face I'm genuinely worried about Shekinah Daniele...are you going to keep living in the