Skip to main content

Snippets, fourteen

Here are some short pieces based on things that have happened in my life recently. 

Craving

I've been craving things lately. Often, some dish. Lately, it's been Taco Bell (please don't judge). I think some of it might be I need more iron and protein in my diet and I crave beef (again, no judgment please, it's close, cheap, and easy). I also crave just being able to eat a lot in one sitting. I rarely get full, but I can sometimes get satisfied and that is so pleasant. I also have been craving excitement. This is more difficult to come by as I'm very measured and careful. This doesn't mean I never get excited to, say, see my friends and family, but it does mean that I rarely get really jazzed about something. When I feel my brain light up, I treasure it and I reward it when it does. This sometimes means I give into a craving for new pajamas or a new plant or, as I mentioned before, Taco Bell.

Dancing

A friend recently invited me dancing and I politely declined. Dancing is something that makes me feel unbelievably self-conscious. I can occasionally dance with friends and forget about what I think I look like or what I think others are thinking when they look at me. On New Year's Eve, I managed this briefly. I got a little tipsy and for a moment, I was able to ignore my inner thoughts and just be with my friend who was holding my hands and letting herself go with the song. I wish I wasn't so rigid at times, but I think it's a form of protection for myself. I don't want to have to get tipsy to enjoy dancing and it's not like I've made a habit of it--it's just something I've noticed. Maybe I can find a way to quiet my inner self-conscious thoughts. I am working on it. I promise.

Exhausted

I have been exhausted lately. I don't know why. I get enough sleep. I drink coffee. And, when I can, I nap. Maybe I'm burned out. I hope I can find my energy again soon. What do you do to get more energetic? What do you do to recharge? I feel like I'm always recharging but my charger is run down and runs very slowly so it takes forever to get a full charge. Maybe I'm just complaining, but I swear I wasn't always this way.

Goodbyes

One of my coworkers left this week. She and I were working on becoming friends outside of work and were certainly work friends. On top of missing that support at work, I didn't get a real chance to say goodbye. We had planned on having a meal together on her last day, but then she had to reschedule her last day and I couldn't come in in person (well, maybe I could've made it work, but it would've been very difficult). It feels odd to not have had a closer to things. Now, I realize that she and I can stay in touch and I hope we do, but I also know that it can be difficult to make the transition to friends outside of work. I sincerely wish her well, but I find myself looking for and missing the ceremony of saying goodbye.

Pains

I have some small aches and pains. I do not mean in any way to suggest I suffer from chronic pain, but I just mean I don't feel like I used to. Sometimes, even when going to sleep, I feel pain in my hip from lying on it. I likely have plantar fasciitis in my right foot, causing people to think I have a limp or my foot has fallen asleep when I get up after sitting for a while. I also feel the need to stretch more often than I used to (perhaps because I fell off of my yoga routines). This isn't because of pain exactly, but because of discomfort. I know I'm quite fortunate with my health so I don't often complain and I don't mean to complain now--just observe and share. Like I said before, it wasn't always like this. I will be okay though.

(Prompt by Kimisha Cassidy)

"Taco Bell" by Mike Mozart. Attribution 2.0 Generic.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting my parental journey, part 1

To be clear, I am not pregnant. Nor do I currently plan on being pregnant soon. However, I promised myself that if I was 30 and still single I'd start to explore my options for having a child either on my own or later in life with a partner. Well, 30 came and went, but 31 is still here so close enough I figure. My first step was to make an appointment to discuss options with a doctor because I could do all the research I wanted on the internet, but I knew it would overwhelm me. As I write this, I haven't had that appointment yet so no news there. Now I made this appointment in February (hey, I was still 30 then!) and it was originally scheduled for October (yes, an 8-month wait for an initial appointment), but last week the appointment got moved up to this week and things got moving! The timing feels right in a certain way. Two people I care about are having babies in the next month, someone else I love is expecting next year, and I also know multiple couples either trying or g

Starting my parental journey, part 2

You can read part 1 here . Yesterday I began the next step of my parental journey. Ironically, it was starting birth control. This medicine helps prepare my ovaries for the egg retrieval process. It was weird taking the pill to prepare for my fertility journey because you typically think of the pill as ensuring you don't get pregnant. Obviously, I'm not getting pregnant now, but I am getting ready for that eventual possibility. There have also been various bureaucratic issues that I've been dealing with. Mostly insurance stuff (as I'm sure comes as no surprise). But, thanks to a new benefit at work that started 1/1/24, my journey will be (mostly) covered. While, again, there were some bureaucratic hurdles that I had to overcome in order for this to all work out, I am immensely glad that it did work out. I am nervous though. In part I'm nervous about a lot of the practicalities of this step in my journey. For instance, I will have to inject myself with various medica

90 Fiance: The Other Way, season 5, episode 24

Tell all time concludes?  Aw Kenny is sweet I guess Holly and Wayne are working it out? God, Tim, I don't care God, Shekinah, you are so brainwashed Dan, no one asked for you to be here Sarper, why are you admitting this? Gosh Midnight's birth sounds so scary Aw so we do get to see Midnight Chill, Brandan Shekinah, you thought Brandan was an angel until right now??? Okay three weeks isn't a long time to not ask for money, Brandan Brandan's mom, is so right...they need therapy Wait is there really only one therapist in all of Samoa? Mary, you shared your problems with a TV crew Oh Brandan and Mary are thinking of moving to the US or at least visiting Sarper, I suppose it takes one to know one Yohan...you sure look guilty Again, I'm not saying Daniele is great, but like, my dude, you definitely cheated on her Daniele, why haven't you filed already? Lol to Kimberly making a face I'm genuinely worried about Shekinah Daniele...are you going to keep living in the