Skip to main content

My 2024 Valentine's Day

I am single.

As such, I did not have Valentine's Day plans with anyone so I decided to make them with myself.

I requested the day off work and slept in (not much, but enough to feel a difference). I debated what to wear, but ultimately decided on an all-floral outfit with floral jewelry because if no one is giving you flowers, become the flowers. Then it was off to walk Hoban to Stan's where I got a heart-shaped donut and Hoban got a free pup cup (seriously, Stan's is the best). Then it was time to light some red and pink candles, lounge in bed, and catch up on The Bachelor (it's an okay season so far but boy is the bachelor himself hot).

Next it was time for a manicure where I got my nails painted red. The manicurist was friendly and gave me a hand massage (during which she told me to relax lol). I had already ordered a sushi lunch but the manicure ended earlier than I expected (not a bad thing, mind) so I was off to buy myself flowers (yes, today was partially inspired by the Miley Cyrus song--I love it).

Once I picked up my sushi, I gave Hoban another quick walk to A Paw Place to get him a Valentine's Day cookie. I enjoyed my sushi while continuing to watch The Bachelor (I had four episodes to catch up on and each is 1.5 hours or so without commercials). Then I opened some mail I'd been meaning to and found lovely letters and cards from friends (as well as spam, but what can you do?). I need to write a letter back to one of my abroad pen pals, but I will get on that soon.

As I continued to watch The Bachelor, I also began to plan my birthday party (my birthday is in less than a month if you can believe it--I hardly can). I think I have decided which murder mystery kit to go with, though I may need to buy an expansion pack. A nap was of course called for as I find it a lovely way to enhance a day.

Then, I pre-ordered my dinner of a fancy pizza and my favorite appetizer from the pizza place down the street from me. I took Hoban for another quick walk and then picked up my pizza. Now, I am enjoying that delicious food as well as a glass of pink Moscato (it's Valentine's Day so it had to be pink). Later, I plan to take a bath with some new bath bombs I just received.

I've finally caught up on The Bachelor (though admittedly I missed some of an episode as I dozed off which is not a reflection on the show, just a reflection on my desire to nap), so now I'm watching The Real Housewives of Potomac as it's been my current rewatch show (I'm almost caught up on it too so soon I'll need a new show to binge watch).

Tonight, I'll likely also try to catch up with some friends, do my Duolingo in Irish, use my rose-scented lotion, and luxuriate with an early bedtime.

Remember, you can romance yourself any day you please. I just chose to have Valentine's Day be that day.

(Prompt by me)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting my parental journey, part 1

To be clear, I am not pregnant. Nor do I currently plan on being pregnant soon. However, I promised myself that if I was 30 and still single I'd start to explore my options for having a child either on my own or later in life with a partner. Well, 30 came and went, but 31 is still here so close enough I figure. My first step was to make an appointment to discuss options with a doctor because I could do all the research I wanted on the internet, but I knew it would overwhelm me. As I write this, I haven't had that appointment yet so no news there. Now I made this appointment in February (hey, I was still 30 then!) and it was originally scheduled for October (yes, an 8-month wait for an initial appointment), but last week the appointment got moved up to this week and things got moving! The timing feels right in a certain way. Two people I care about are having babies in the next month, someone else I love is expecting next year, and I also know multiple couples either trying or g

Starting my parental journey, part 2

You can read part 1 here . Yesterday I began the next step of my parental journey. Ironically, it was starting birth control. This medicine helps prepare my ovaries for the egg retrieval process. It was weird taking the pill to prepare for my fertility journey because you typically think of the pill as ensuring you don't get pregnant. Obviously, I'm not getting pregnant now, but I am getting ready for that eventual possibility. There have also been various bureaucratic issues that I've been dealing with. Mostly insurance stuff (as I'm sure comes as no surprise). But, thanks to a new benefit at work that started 1/1/24, my journey will be (mostly) covered. While, again, there were some bureaucratic hurdles that I had to overcome in order for this to all work out, I am immensely glad that it did work out. I am nervous though. In part I'm nervous about a lot of the practicalities of this step in my journey. For instance, I will have to inject myself with various medica

90 Fiance: The Other Way, season 5, episode 24

Tell all time concludes?  Aw Kenny is sweet I guess Holly and Wayne are working it out? God, Tim, I don't care God, Shekinah, you are so brainwashed Dan, no one asked for you to be here Sarper, why are you admitting this? Gosh Midnight's birth sounds so scary Aw so we do get to see Midnight Chill, Brandan Shekinah, you thought Brandan was an angel until right now??? Okay three weeks isn't a long time to not ask for money, Brandan Brandan's mom, is so right...they need therapy Wait is there really only one therapist in all of Samoa? Mary, you shared your problems with a TV crew Oh Brandan and Mary are thinking of moving to the US or at least visiting Sarper, I suppose it takes one to know one Yohan...you sure look guilty Again, I'm not saying Daniele is great, but like, my dude, you definitely cheated on her Daniele, why haven't you filed already? Lol to Kimberly making a face I'm genuinely worried about Shekinah Daniele...are you going to keep living in the