Skip to main content

Nuns in Vegas

Sisters Helen and Linda had devised a devilish plan. Now, they knew that, as nuns, they really shouldn't be devising devilish plans, but they wanted just one weekend of craziness. They had both joined the order when they were eighteen and had never had one of those wild nights that you'd end up saying you regret but really just be very fondly proud of.

They knew that they needed funding and so they found a way to slowly siphon off a lot of money from the school they were working at. Now, they made sure that it was never so much that the kids or teachers were going without, but there were a few budget talks that had the Sisters sweating.

But the day had finally come. Sisters Helen and Linda were going to Vegas. They rented a hot red convertible and let the wind take their habits' cowls off into the wind. They screamed, "Vegas!" as they crossed into the city because it's what they felt like they should do.

They got a few looks when they checked into the hotel, but two nuns in only part of their uniforms was far from the strangest thing going on in Vegas, so they didn't attract too much attention.

"What should we do first?" asked Sister Helen. She had grown up in a small town before joining the order so she wasn't really sure what a wild night entailed.

"Let's get drinks," giggled Sister Linda. Linda had grown up in a big city, so she had at least seen some of the hi-jinks that people got up to on nights out and it always seemed to start with drinks.

Sisters Helen and Linda went to the hotel bar and looked for a long time at the list of cocktails.

"Do you think getting a Bloody Mary would be a sin?" whispered Sister Helen. She wasn't sure if the cocktail was referencing the Mary of the Bible, but it felt wrong.

"I think it's a bit too late to worry about sins, Sister Helen."

The two giggled and Helen ordered a Bloody Mary while Linda ordered a Long Island Iced Tea. Linda knew she liked tea, so she figured it was a good cocktail to start with.

After several rounds of cocktails, the Sisters had started to loudly complain about how hot their habits were.

"Sh-should we get different dresses?" slurred Sister Helen who had had far too many Bloody Marys.

"We got the money!" shouted Sister Linda, who thought she was whispering.

The two stumbled into the nearest store and came out with sequined black dresses. They had decided that they were still nuns after all, so they should stay in their color scheme.

"Let's go to a strip show!" shouted the now glittering Sister Linda.

Sister Helen was too lost staring at the lights of the strip and started to just wander towards them.

But Sister Linda grabbed her arm, "Come oooon, Sister Helen. I wanna see the dancers!"

After managing to hail a cab, the two ended up at what the driver told them was the best gentlemen's club in Vegas. They flashed their cash at the bouncer and got a table as close to the stage as possible.

Music with a strong beat came on and scantily clad women strutted their way to poles before beginning their acrobatic routines.

"Shake what the good lord gave you!" catcalled Sister Linda.

When one of the women crawled like a sexy cat towards them, Sister Helen went bug-eyed. "God is good," she whispered reverently before putting a $50 bill down the woman's top. The woman winked at her before getting up and spinning around the pole again.

After having all they could handle of the strippers, Sisters Helen and Linda decided it was time to gamble. They knew this was something that happened in Vegas and they thought their trip wouldn't be complete without it.

They decided to try their hands at poker, but when they quickly realized that they had had too many drinks to play, they switched to the slot machines.

When they were down to their last set of quarter, Sister Linda said, "Let us pray." And the two Sisters bowed their heads in prayer and then put their last quarter into the machine. Suddenly all of the lights went off and a loud voice came over the speakers, "JACKPOT!"

The Sisters laughed, looked at each other, and said, "God is good!"

(Prompt by Jacqui Broderick)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting my parental journey, part 1

To be clear, I am not pregnant. Nor do I currently plan on being pregnant soon. However, I promised myself that if I was 30 and still single I'd start to explore my options for having a child either on my own or later in life with a partner. Well, 30 came and went, but 31 is still here so close enough I figure. My first step was to make an appointment to discuss options with a doctor because I could do all the research I wanted on the internet, but I knew it would overwhelm me. As I write this, I haven't had that appointment yet so no news there. Now I made this appointment in February (hey, I was still 30 then!) and it was originally scheduled for October (yes, an 8-month wait for an initial appointment), but last week the appointment got moved up to this week and things got moving! The timing feels right in a certain way. Two people I care about are having babies in the next month, someone else I love is expecting next year, and I also know multiple couples either trying or g

90 Fiance: The Other Way, season 5, episode 24

Tell all time concludes?  Aw Kenny is sweet I guess Holly and Wayne are working it out? God, Tim, I don't care God, Shekinah, you are so brainwashed Dan, no one asked for you to be here Sarper, why are you admitting this? Gosh Midnight's birth sounds so scary Aw so we do get to see Midnight Chill, Brandan Shekinah, you thought Brandan was an angel until right now??? Okay three weeks isn't a long time to not ask for money, Brandan Brandan's mom, is so right...they need therapy Wait is there really only one therapist in all of Samoa? Mary, you shared your problems with a TV crew Oh Brandan and Mary are thinking of moving to the US or at least visiting Sarper, I suppose it takes one to know one Yohan...you sure look guilty Again, I'm not saying Daniele is great, but like, my dude, you definitely cheated on her Daniele, why haven't you filed already? Lol to Kimberly making a face I'm genuinely worried about Shekinah Daniele...are you going to keep living in the

Starting my parental journey, part 2

You can read part 1 here . Yesterday I began the next step of my parental journey. Ironically, it was starting birth control. This medicine helps prepare my ovaries for the egg retrieval process. It was weird taking the pill to prepare for my fertility journey because you typically think of the pill as ensuring you don't get pregnant. Obviously, I'm not getting pregnant now, but I am getting ready for that eventual possibility. There have also been various bureaucratic issues that I've been dealing with. Mostly insurance stuff (as I'm sure comes as no surprise). But, thanks to a new benefit at work that started 1/1/24, my journey will be (mostly) covered. While, again, there were some bureaucratic hurdles that I had to overcome in order for this to all work out, I am immensely glad that it did work out. I am nervous though. In part I'm nervous about a lot of the practicalities of this step in my journey. For instance, I will have to inject myself with various medica