Skip to main content

Alligator jobs

So, as everyone knows (or should know), alligators are my favorite animal. I think they're beautiful and they won evolution (like seriously, they did, just look up some of the stuff they can do). If it was a good idea to employ alligators (which, to be fair, it is not), here are some ideas for what jobs they'd be good for.

  1. Security. Now this would be good because just having an alligator in front of a door would discourage anyone from going inside it even if the alligator was not trained to do anything.  However, they also have incredible jaw strength and could easily fend off an intruder. Also, alligators have really great healing abilities (like can get a limb ripped off, hop into a swamp, and then not die of either blood loss or blood poisoning) so they'd be great security employees.
  2. Deliverymen. Okay so admittedly this would be a bit terrifying for people, but alligators can swim incredibly fast and it'd be easy to attach some sort of sack to their back so that the alligator could carry whatever needs to be delivered because, admittedly, alligators don't have hands that can carry something with ease. Alligators can also get up to about 30mph on land (please note this if you ever see one in real life, it can outrun you, do not think that just because it's chilling on land that you have the advantage) so they can also traverse the land pretty well. Finally, alligators can also climb fences (they're actually a problem for NASA and that's not a joke) so sure they won't be able to open a gate, but they'll just get themselves over fence and delivery that Amazon package.
  3. Spies. So alligators are not always the most discrete animals, but they can be nearly submerged in water, but have their eyes and nostrils above water. If this isn't prime spy position, I don't know what is. Also, did you know that alligators can climb trees? Yes, this is terrifyingly true. So not only could alligators spy from the water, they could also spy from the treetops. They would be especially effective in the early stages when no one is looking out for alligators and then they could also just chill on land and watch people.
  4. Scientists. Okay so this one is a bit out there, but bear with me. Scientists and doctors do have this weird history of self-experimentation (don't believe me? check out the Sawbones episode on it) and alligators have some things that need researching. Their blood is insanely resistant to infection (recall the part earlier of not dying after having a limb ripped off and then hopping in dirty water) to the point that we hope that it can help humans. Alligator scientists, if struck by wanting to help humans or just make an important scientific discover, could research their own blood and help save countless lives. Or, you know, maybe alligators already know the answer to this somehow and could then just deliver a paper on it (who knows?).
  5. Exercise instructor. Alligators are very powerful swimmers and could attempt to teach making that S motion that helps them move so powerfully. They also could attempt to pass on floating tips, but since their abilities to relate to being able to shift internal organs maybe they wouldn't have the best tips. They also could show the power of what is called their 'death roll' which is why it takes several humans to hold down an alligator. I feel like teaching some of the death roll techniques could be passed on to wrestlers to get out of being pinned. Again, they also can climb trees and fences and that could be a great exercise for people too.
Okay so I hope these amused you and made you at least a little bit more interested in alligators. For those of you who didn't know that I love alligators, you have certainly learned a very important thing about me (please also note that I have a collection of alligator and other crocodilian things like water bottles and socks and toys so if you ever want to get me something, there's an idea...just saying my birthday is in less than a month).


(Prompt by Kimisha Cassidy)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting my parental journey, part 1

To be clear, I am not pregnant. Nor do I currently plan on being pregnant soon. However, I promised myself that if I was 30 and still single I'd start to explore my options for having a child either on my own or later in life with a partner. Well, 30 came and went, but 31 is still here so close enough I figure. My first step was to make an appointment to discuss options with a doctor because I could do all the research I wanted on the internet, but I knew it would overwhelm me. As I write this, I haven't had that appointment yet so no news there. Now I made this appointment in February (hey, I was still 30 then!) and it was originally scheduled for October (yes, an 8-month wait for an initial appointment), but last week the appointment got moved up to this week and things got moving! The timing feels right in a certain way. Two people I care about are having babies in the next month, someone else I love is expecting next year, and I also know multiple couples either trying or g

90 Fiance: The Other Way, season 5, episode 24

Tell all time concludes?  Aw Kenny is sweet I guess Holly and Wayne are working it out? God, Tim, I don't care God, Shekinah, you are so brainwashed Dan, no one asked for you to be here Sarper, why are you admitting this? Gosh Midnight's birth sounds so scary Aw so we do get to see Midnight Chill, Brandan Shekinah, you thought Brandan was an angel until right now??? Okay three weeks isn't a long time to not ask for money, Brandan Brandan's mom, is so right...they need therapy Wait is there really only one therapist in all of Samoa? Mary, you shared your problems with a TV crew Oh Brandan and Mary are thinking of moving to the US or at least visiting Sarper, I suppose it takes one to know one Yohan...you sure look guilty Again, I'm not saying Daniele is great, but like, my dude, you definitely cheated on her Daniele, why haven't you filed already? Lol to Kimberly making a face I'm genuinely worried about Shekinah Daniele...are you going to keep living in the

Starting my parental journey, part 2

You can read part 1 here . Yesterday I began the next step of my parental journey. Ironically, it was starting birth control. This medicine helps prepare my ovaries for the egg retrieval process. It was weird taking the pill to prepare for my fertility journey because you typically think of the pill as ensuring you don't get pregnant. Obviously, I'm not getting pregnant now, but I am getting ready for that eventual possibility. There have also been various bureaucratic issues that I've been dealing with. Mostly insurance stuff (as I'm sure comes as no surprise). But, thanks to a new benefit at work that started 1/1/24, my journey will be (mostly) covered. While, again, there were some bureaucratic hurdles that I had to overcome in order for this to all work out, I am immensely glad that it did work out. I am nervous though. In part I'm nervous about a lot of the practicalities of this step in my journey. For instance, I will have to inject myself with various medica