Skip to main content

15 books I want to read.

I'm definitely behind on my reading list, but here are just a few titles in my to-read pile. Some aren't out yet so I get a pass I think.

  1. Black Leopard, Red Wolf by Marlon James. "In the stunning first novel in Marlon James's Dark Star trilogy, myth, fantasy, and history come together to explore what happens when a mercenary is hired to find a missing child."
  2. Stay Sexy & Don't Get Murdered: The Definitive How-To Guide by Karen Kilgariff and Georgia Hardstark. "The highly anticipated first book by Karen Kilgariff and Georgia Hardstark, the voices behind the #1 hit podcast My Favorite Murder!"
  3. The Hidden Power of F*cking Up by Keith Habersberger, Zach Kornfeld, Eugene Lee Yang, and Ned Fulmer. "The Try Guys deliver their first book—an inspirational self-improvement guide that teaches you that the path to success is littered with humiliating detours, embarrassing mistakes, and unexpected failures."
  4. Children of Virtue and Vengeance by Tomi Adeyemi. "Children of Virtue and Vengeance is the stunning sequel to Tomi Adeyemi's New York Times bestselling debut Children of Blood and Bone, the first title in her Legacy of OrĂ¯sha trilogy."
  5. The Adventure Zone: Murder on the Rockport Limited! by Clint McElroy, Griffin McElroy, Justin McElory, and Travis McElroy. "In the second Adventure Zone graphic novel (adapted from the McElroy family's wildly popular D&D podcast), we rejoin hero-adjacent sort-of-comrades-in-arms Taako, Magnus, and Merle on a wild careen through a D&D railroad murder mystery."
  6. One Day She'll Darken: The Mysterious Beginnings of Fauna Hodel by Fauna Hodel. "The Black Dahlia Murder is near-legend in the annals of true crime. But behind the shocking case of a young actress s gruesome slaying lies the story of another woman."
  7. Scooby Apocalypse Vol. 5 by Keith Griffen. "'Tis the season in the apocalypse! The Scooby gang finds a moment to recover after narrowly escaping a harrowing battle, but when they wake up on Christmas morning, they find two members of their gang are no longer with them!"
  8. Sleepless Volume 2 by Sarah Vaughn. "The future looks bleak, but both Poppy and Cyrenic are fighters. Either they will claw their way out of the darkness, or take as many enemies with them as they can."
  9. My Sister, the Serial Killer: A Novel by Oyinkan Braithwaite. "A short, darkly funny, hand grenade of a novel about a Nigerian woman whose younger sister has a very inconvenient habit of killing her boyfriends."
  10. The Princess and the Fangirl: A Geekerella Fairy Tale (Once Upon A Con) by Ashley Poston. "The Prince and the Pauper gets a Geekerella-style makeover in this witty and heartfelt novel for those who believe in the magic of fandom."
  11. Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett. "According to The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch (the world's only completely accurate book of prophecies, written in 1655, before she exploded), the world will end on a Saturday. Next Saturday, in fact. Just before dinner."
  12. Lady Killers: Deadly Women Throughout History by Tori Telfer. "Although largely forgotten by history, female serial killers rival their male counterparts in cunning, cruelty, and appetite."
  13. Cleopatra's Shadows by Emily Holleman. "Page-turning historical fiction that reimagines the beginnings of Cleopatra's epic saga through the eyes of her younger sister."
  14. Becoming by Michelle Obama. "An intimate, powerful, and inspiring memoir by the former First Lady of the United States."
  15. The First Confessor: The Legend of Magda Searus by Terry Goodkind. "Journey with Magda Searus into her dark world, and learn how true legends are born."

What's on your reading list?

(Prompt by me)
Photo source

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting my parental journey, part 1

To be clear, I am not pregnant. Nor do I currently plan on being pregnant soon. However, I promised myself that if I was 30 and still single I'd start to explore my options for having a child either on my own or later in life with a partner. Well, 30 came and went, but 31 is still here so close enough I figure. My first step was to make an appointment to discuss options with a doctor because I could do all the research I wanted on the internet, but I knew it would overwhelm me. As I write this, I haven't had that appointment yet so no news there. Now I made this appointment in February (hey, I was still 30 then!) and it was originally scheduled for October (yes, an 8-month wait for an initial appointment), but last week the appointment got moved up to this week and things got moving! The timing feels right in a certain way. Two people I care about are having babies in the next month, someone else I love is expecting next year, and I also know multiple couples either trying or g

90 Fiance: The Other Way, season 5, episode 24

Tell all time concludes?  Aw Kenny is sweet I guess Holly and Wayne are working it out? God, Tim, I don't care God, Shekinah, you are so brainwashed Dan, no one asked for you to be here Sarper, why are you admitting this? Gosh Midnight's birth sounds so scary Aw so we do get to see Midnight Chill, Brandan Shekinah, you thought Brandan was an angel until right now??? Okay three weeks isn't a long time to not ask for money, Brandan Brandan's mom, is so right...they need therapy Wait is there really only one therapist in all of Samoa? Mary, you shared your problems with a TV crew Oh Brandan and Mary are thinking of moving to the US or at least visiting Sarper, I suppose it takes one to know one Yohan...you sure look guilty Again, I'm not saying Daniele is great, but like, my dude, you definitely cheated on her Daniele, why haven't you filed already? Lol to Kimberly making a face I'm genuinely worried about Shekinah Daniele...are you going to keep living in the

Starting my parental journey, part 2

You can read part 1 here . Yesterday I began the next step of my parental journey. Ironically, it was starting birth control. This medicine helps prepare my ovaries for the egg retrieval process. It was weird taking the pill to prepare for my fertility journey because you typically think of the pill as ensuring you don't get pregnant. Obviously, I'm not getting pregnant now, but I am getting ready for that eventual possibility. There have also been various bureaucratic issues that I've been dealing with. Mostly insurance stuff (as I'm sure comes as no surprise). But, thanks to a new benefit at work that started 1/1/24, my journey will be (mostly) covered. While, again, there were some bureaucratic hurdles that I had to overcome in order for this to all work out, I am immensely glad that it did work out. I am nervous though. In part I'm nervous about a lot of the practicalities of this step in my journey. For instance, I will have to inject myself with various medica