Skip to main content

15 interactive fiction ideas

Hey all, still a bit low energy, but ever since we had Brenda Romero come talk to us, I've been wanting to do interactive fiction. So here is some brainstorming.

  1. Anxious oracle. I've started this as a traditional fiction piece, but I think it could be a cool game to actually be the anxious oracle.
  2. Get promoted. You start as a lowly office worker, but as you get promoted up the chain you realize you're working for a supervillain corporation.
  3. See if you can survive Dracula. This would be putting yourself in the situation of Johnathan Harker and see if you can manage to make it out better.
  4. Grocery shopping. Can you get everything you need and everything you want at the grocery store within the time you have. You may have to dodge your neighbor that you don't want to talk to, someone who wants to talk to you about the environment, and bad free samples.
  5. Camel Corpse. You are a soldier in the 1850s Southwest US and have been handed a creature you've never seen before to tame. Can you do it or will you bail out and sell your camel to the circus?
  6. Presidential Fantasy Dream Team. This is just stealing an idea from a great book, but you must assemble a team of 5 presidents to take on the apocalypse. Can you save the world?
  7. Script saver. You'll be given real scripts for terrible movies and asked for ways to improve. Can you take these flops to the top?
  8. Do I Need to Go to the Doctor? A game for the modern young person. You are grown and out of the house and now have to make your own doctor's appointments. So how do you know if you need one?
  9. Job Hunt. Traipse around the city trying to find help wanted signs and then adjusting your resume, cover letter, and interview style to fit the market. Will you get employed?
  10. Zombies FTW. You are a zombie, can you manage to convert the world to your undead ways?
  11. Haunted Inheritance. Can you survive a night in your great aunt's mansion so that you can win it?
  12. Immigration. Design a character and then go through the US immigration process (the aim of this one is to be educational as to the immense difficulty). Can you make it?
  13. Explore the Mariana Trench. What really is down there? Mermaids? Megalodons? Illegal weapons? Just trash? Find out.
  14. New Self-Help Craze. Can you design a new self-help craze that actually helps or, at least, makes money?
  15. Unsolved. Can you solve some of the most famous unsolved mysteries?
Do you like any of them? Let me know!

(Prompt by me)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting my parental journey, part 1

To be clear, I am not pregnant. Nor do I currently plan on being pregnant soon. However, I promised myself that if I was 30 and still single I'd start to explore my options for having a child either on my own or later in life with a partner. Well, 30 came and went, but 31 is still here so close enough I figure. My first step was to make an appointment to discuss options with a doctor because I could do all the research I wanted on the internet, but I knew it would overwhelm me. As I write this, I haven't had that appointment yet so no news there. Now I made this appointment in February (hey, I was still 30 then!) and it was originally scheduled for October (yes, an 8-month wait for an initial appointment), but last week the appointment got moved up to this week and things got moving! The timing feels right in a certain way. Two people I care about are having babies in the next month, someone else I love is expecting next year, and I also know multiple couples either trying or g

90 Fiance: The Other Way, season 5, episode 24

Tell all time concludes?  Aw Kenny is sweet I guess Holly and Wayne are working it out? God, Tim, I don't care God, Shekinah, you are so brainwashed Dan, no one asked for you to be here Sarper, why are you admitting this? Gosh Midnight's birth sounds so scary Aw so we do get to see Midnight Chill, Brandan Shekinah, you thought Brandan was an angel until right now??? Okay three weeks isn't a long time to not ask for money, Brandan Brandan's mom, is so right...they need therapy Wait is there really only one therapist in all of Samoa? Mary, you shared your problems with a TV crew Oh Brandan and Mary are thinking of moving to the US or at least visiting Sarper, I suppose it takes one to know one Yohan...you sure look guilty Again, I'm not saying Daniele is great, but like, my dude, you definitely cheated on her Daniele, why haven't you filed already? Lol to Kimberly making a face I'm genuinely worried about Shekinah Daniele...are you going to keep living in the

Starting my parental journey, part 2

You can read part 1 here . Yesterday I began the next step of my parental journey. Ironically, it was starting birth control. This medicine helps prepare my ovaries for the egg retrieval process. It was weird taking the pill to prepare for my fertility journey because you typically think of the pill as ensuring you don't get pregnant. Obviously, I'm not getting pregnant now, but I am getting ready for that eventual possibility. There have also been various bureaucratic issues that I've been dealing with. Mostly insurance stuff (as I'm sure comes as no surprise). But, thanks to a new benefit at work that started 1/1/24, my journey will be (mostly) covered. While, again, there were some bureaucratic hurdles that I had to overcome in order for this to all work out, I am immensely glad that it did work out. I am nervous though. In part I'm nervous about a lot of the practicalities of this step in my journey. For instance, I will have to inject myself with various medica