Skip to main content

15 scents I like

When I got a massage last week, the masseuse asked what scent of oil I'd like. This got me thinking about scents I like.

  1. Roses. This is definitely my favorite sense to wear.
  2. Lilac. I always stop and smell a lilac bush.
  3. Vanilla. This is the scent of baked goods to me.
  4. Freshly mowed lawn. I just feel like it's spring or summer when I smell this.
  5. Burning firewood. Reminds me of Girl Scouts and CPC.
  6. Strawberries. Only real ones, not fake strawberry scent (although that's okay I guess).
  7. The smell after it rains. It just feels so fresh to me.
  8. Watermelon. Again, only the real thing. This is my favorite fruit by far.
  9. The ocean. Maybe cause I'm not near it often.
  10. Macintosh apple. And I do mean the fruit, not the product. They're my favorite kind of apple.
  11. New books. I think they have a smell at least and I like it.
  12. Cucumber. They don't have a strong scent, but I think they smell clean in an odd way.
  13. Baking lasagna. Just feels homey.
  14. Garlic. Gets my mouth watering.
  15. Coffee. I can't really describe why, but I just do.
(Prompt by me) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting my parental journey, part 1

To be clear, I am not pregnant. Nor do I currently plan on being pregnant soon. However, I promised myself that if I was 30 and still single I'd start to explore my options for having a child either on my own or later in life with a partner. Well, 30 came and went, but 31 is still here so close enough I figure. My first step was to make an appointment to discuss options with a doctor because I could do all the research I wanted on the internet, but I knew it would overwhelm me. As I write this, I haven't had that appointment yet so no news there. Now I made this appointment in February (hey, I was still 30 then!) and it was originally scheduled for October (yes, an 8-month wait for an initial appointment), but last week the appointment got moved up to this week and things got moving! The timing feels right in a certain way. Two people I care about are having babies in the next month, someone else I love is expecting next year, and I also know multiple couples either trying or g

90 Fiance: The Other Way, season 5, episode 24

Tell all time concludes?  Aw Kenny is sweet I guess Holly and Wayne are working it out? God, Tim, I don't care God, Shekinah, you are so brainwashed Dan, no one asked for you to be here Sarper, why are you admitting this? Gosh Midnight's birth sounds so scary Aw so we do get to see Midnight Chill, Brandan Shekinah, you thought Brandan was an angel until right now??? Okay three weeks isn't a long time to not ask for money, Brandan Brandan's mom, is so right...they need therapy Wait is there really only one therapist in all of Samoa? Mary, you shared your problems with a TV crew Oh Brandan and Mary are thinking of moving to the US or at least visiting Sarper, I suppose it takes one to know one Yohan...you sure look guilty Again, I'm not saying Daniele is great, but like, my dude, you definitely cheated on her Daniele, why haven't you filed already? Lol to Kimberly making a face I'm genuinely worried about Shekinah Daniele...are you going to keep living in the

Starting my parental journey, part 2

You can read part 1 here . Yesterday I began the next step of my parental journey. Ironically, it was starting birth control. This medicine helps prepare my ovaries for the egg retrieval process. It was weird taking the pill to prepare for my fertility journey because you typically think of the pill as ensuring you don't get pregnant. Obviously, I'm not getting pregnant now, but I am getting ready for that eventual possibility. There have also been various bureaucratic issues that I've been dealing with. Mostly insurance stuff (as I'm sure comes as no surprise). But, thanks to a new benefit at work that started 1/1/24, my journey will be (mostly) covered. While, again, there were some bureaucratic hurdles that I had to overcome in order for this to all work out, I am immensely glad that it did work out. I am nervous though. In part I'm nervous about a lot of the practicalities of this step in my journey. For instance, I will have to inject myself with various medica