Skip to main content

Lauren brainstorm part 3

Okay so I'm going to continue Lauren's story. If you wanna read what I have so far, go here:
http://fifteenminutesofscrawl.blogspot.com/2019/01/most-important-thing-on-her-desk.html

If you want to read my previous brainstorm, go here:
http://fifteenminutesofscrawl.blogspot.com/2019/04/lauren-brainstorm.html
http://fifteenminutesofscrawl.blogspot.com/2019/04/lauren-brainstorm-part-2.html

Other things about Lauren's office:
  • I think there should be a secret panel that allows her to go to a panic room (having it shared by all other HR employees there could be hilarious)
  • Should also be another secret panel that leads to a private bathroom (a promotion perk) and she should occasionally get confused between the two
  • Fake painting that allows her to video conference her boss
  • Has a window (upgrade from her previous office)
  • Has a company equivalent of an Alexa
  • Has a potted plant because the boss thinks it makes HR offices more friendly (Lauren does not like her plant and only grudgingly takes care of it)
Other potential plot points:
  • All HR employees in the panic room either in a drill or in a real invasion
  • Various other drills: fire, earth quake, the new hydro-drill has malfunctioned, mudslide, the robots have become sentient, power outage
  • Picking a new HR software
  • Redoing the complex website
  • Spring cleaning day
  • Christmas party (secret santa)
  • Dealing with a honeymoon request
  • Going over retirement plans with the few employees who are close to that age
  • Halloween party (one person dresses up as the boss and it does not go well)
  • State of the company address
  • Deciding on a logo for the complex
  • Employees needing to pick appropriate code names that don't overlap (everyone wants names like hurricane, maelstrom, and Bob)
  • Decisions on company branded freebies like frisbees, mugs, pens, laser guns, notepads
  • Going green initiative 
  • Trying to see if they can somehow become tax exempt
  • All complex photo
Other ideas about Lauren's boss:
  • People are meant to call him Mr. Supreme Leader, but for the higher ups (like Lauren now is) they just call him Supreme Leader
Other ideas about the complex:
  • There are other complexes throughout the world
  • Every complex has a 'sister complex'
  • Sometimes there are complaints about how other complexes have this feature or that party or that rule that Lauren has to field and then, on occasion, talk to her boss about
If anyone is reading these, I would love to hear people's thoughts on my various ideas! I think this story could have more to it than the original post, but I'm not sure where to go. Additional suggestions also welcome!

(Prompt by me)
Photo source: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Schreibtisch.2.JPG

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting my parental journey, part 1

To be clear, I am not pregnant. Nor do I currently plan on being pregnant soon. However, I promised myself that if I was 30 and still single I'd start to explore my options for having a child either on my own or later in life with a partner. Well, 30 came and went, but 31 is still here so close enough I figure. My first step was to make an appointment to discuss options with a doctor because I could do all the research I wanted on the internet, but I knew it would overwhelm me. As I write this, I haven't had that appointment yet so no news there. Now I made this appointment in February (hey, I was still 30 then!) and it was originally scheduled for October (yes, an 8-month wait for an initial appointment), but last week the appointment got moved up to this week and things got moving! The timing feels right in a certain way. Two people I care about are having babies in the next month, someone else I love is expecting next year, and I also know multiple couples either trying or g

90 Fiance: The Other Way, season 5, episode 24

Tell all time concludes?  Aw Kenny is sweet I guess Holly and Wayne are working it out? God, Tim, I don't care God, Shekinah, you are so brainwashed Dan, no one asked for you to be here Sarper, why are you admitting this? Gosh Midnight's birth sounds so scary Aw so we do get to see Midnight Chill, Brandan Shekinah, you thought Brandan was an angel until right now??? Okay three weeks isn't a long time to not ask for money, Brandan Brandan's mom, is so right...they need therapy Wait is there really only one therapist in all of Samoa? Mary, you shared your problems with a TV crew Oh Brandan and Mary are thinking of moving to the US or at least visiting Sarper, I suppose it takes one to know one Yohan...you sure look guilty Again, I'm not saying Daniele is great, but like, my dude, you definitely cheated on her Daniele, why haven't you filed already? Lol to Kimberly making a face I'm genuinely worried about Shekinah Daniele...are you going to keep living in the

Starting my parental journey, part 2

You can read part 1 here . Yesterday I began the next step of my parental journey. Ironically, it was starting birth control. This medicine helps prepare my ovaries for the egg retrieval process. It was weird taking the pill to prepare for my fertility journey because you typically think of the pill as ensuring you don't get pregnant. Obviously, I'm not getting pregnant now, but I am getting ready for that eventual possibility. There have also been various bureaucratic issues that I've been dealing with. Mostly insurance stuff (as I'm sure comes as no surprise). But, thanks to a new benefit at work that started 1/1/24, my journey will be (mostly) covered. While, again, there were some bureaucratic hurdles that I had to overcome in order for this to all work out, I am immensely glad that it did work out. I am nervous though. In part I'm nervous about a lot of the practicalities of this step in my journey. For instance, I will have to inject myself with various medica