Skip to main content

2020 vice presidential debate stream of consciousness

 I maintain that stream of consciousness is the only way to immediately write about these.

  • I really want Harris to just eviscerate Pence
  • Ooh we got to see the teleprompter for the moderator be unveiled
  • Regulated enthusiasm, the best kind
  • Ha Harris is stage left and Pence is stage right
  • Again, why are there different kinds of flag pins?
  • Ooh we're gonna get some cool reflection shots with the plexiglass
  • Why are their lapel mics on different sides?
  • Harris, these are great points, but you aren't saying what you'll do
  • Wow Pence thinks it's a privilege to be on stage with Harris...I'd've thought mother wouldn't approve of him being alone with two women
  • So if we did such a good job, Pence, why do we have such a high death rate?
  • Yeah, Harris, don't let that jerk interrupt you
  • Can I opt out of being in Pence's heart?
  • "You respect the American people when you tell the truth"
  • Wow I forgot how old Biden is
  • Pence refuses to listen to the moderator, but he can just lose time I guess
  • Harris clearly said she would take a vaccine if doctors approved it
  • Will we really have a vaccine before the end of 2020?
  • NYT said that the Obama administration handled the swine flu well
  • Ha neither wants to talk about how old their candidate is
  • Ah yes, Biden's health has everything to do with Trump's taxes
  • Why couldn't either just say that like medical history can be private
  • "There was a time we believed in science"
  • Harris smiling and whispering "That's not what I said" is a mood
  • Fracking bad
  • Pence, you're such a dick
  • "They're coming for you" is an ominous but accurate statement, Harris
  • OBAMACARE WAS NOT A DISASTER
  • So Harris said she'd ban fracking...you realize she is the VP candidate right?
  • I bet you are proud of your conservation efforts, Pence...that doesn't mean it's good
  • So if our water and air is clean...shouldn't we protect it? No? Okay
  • It would not literally crush jobs...conservation efforts aren't the Hulk
  • Again, fracking bad
  • Wait we're talking about the economy? I thought the topic was the environment
  • Man, I'd forgotten that they'd removed shit like "science" and "climate change"
  • Much probably propose an existential threat to Pence
  • Aaaand we're back to taxes
  • Pence is literally repeating himself
  • We have not always cherished our environment...the Chicago river used to catch fire
  • Lol who said Harris was the most liberal senator?
  • Pence has run out of talking points
  • I would describe us as problematic frenemies that people kinda ship
  • Man, I forgot that Drumpf got rid of the pandemic task force
  • Ha I just looked up a fact check and Drumpf didn't even ban travel from China
  • Were we talking about ISIS?
  • Ya know, I'd believe Pence felt bad about the torture of an American if he didn't support shock therapy for gays
  • Wait, what does having a sizable family have to do with your ability to be on SCOTUS?
  • DURBIN
  • Ah I see what you did there, Harris, you're trying to tie JFK and Biden together
  • School him, Harris
  • Pence, you haven't answered a ton of questions
  • PENCE TRUSTS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM AND THINKS IT WORKED WITH BREONNA TAYLOR
  • Man, so sad she lost her salon...totally equivalent to losing a daughter
  • Gotta love the fly on Pence's head
  • It was blatantly true that Drumpf didn't condemn white supremacists 
  • Drumpf does not respect all American people
  • Drumpf has Jewish grandkids which actually means nothing about him
  • Okay, Harris has an imperfect record, but she did do things for criminal justice
  • Only Harris gets called out for repeating talking points? Pence did too
  • Yick support from Bush's admin is bad
  • Harris just can't think of a good way to say Biden will drag Trump's out by his ear
  • Pence doesn't understand what overturning an election means
  • I would tell the 8th grader you can't be kind to evil people
  • The lime green wristband is very distracting
  • I wanted more evisceration
  • Note that mother isn't wearing a mask but Harris's partner is
  • The small audience does make the applause sound so pathetic

(Prompt by me)

CNN


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting my parental journey, part 1

To be clear, I am not pregnant. Nor do I currently plan on being pregnant soon. However, I promised myself that if I was 30 and still single I'd start to explore my options for having a child either on my own or later in life with a partner. Well, 30 came and went, but 31 is still here so close enough I figure. My first step was to make an appointment to discuss options with a doctor because I could do all the research I wanted on the internet, but I knew it would overwhelm me. As I write this, I haven't had that appointment yet so no news there. Now I made this appointment in February (hey, I was still 30 then!) and it was originally scheduled for October (yes, an 8-month wait for an initial appointment), but last week the appointment got moved up to this week and things got moving! The timing feels right in a certain way. Two people I care about are having babies in the next month, someone else I love is expecting next year, and I also know multiple couples either trying or g

Starting my parental journey, part 2

You can read part 1 here . Yesterday I began the next step of my parental journey. Ironically, it was starting birth control. This medicine helps prepare my ovaries for the egg retrieval process. It was weird taking the pill to prepare for my fertility journey because you typically think of the pill as ensuring you don't get pregnant. Obviously, I'm not getting pregnant now, but I am getting ready for that eventual possibility. There have also been various bureaucratic issues that I've been dealing with. Mostly insurance stuff (as I'm sure comes as no surprise). But, thanks to a new benefit at work that started 1/1/24, my journey will be (mostly) covered. While, again, there were some bureaucratic hurdles that I had to overcome in order for this to all work out, I am immensely glad that it did work out. I am nervous though. In part I'm nervous about a lot of the practicalities of this step in my journey. For instance, I will have to inject myself with various medica

90 Fiance: The Other Way, season 5, episode 24

Tell all time concludes?  Aw Kenny is sweet I guess Holly and Wayne are working it out? God, Tim, I don't care God, Shekinah, you are so brainwashed Dan, no one asked for you to be here Sarper, why are you admitting this? Gosh Midnight's birth sounds so scary Aw so we do get to see Midnight Chill, Brandan Shekinah, you thought Brandan was an angel until right now??? Okay three weeks isn't a long time to not ask for money, Brandan Brandan's mom, is so right...they need therapy Wait is there really only one therapist in all of Samoa? Mary, you shared your problems with a TV crew Oh Brandan and Mary are thinking of moving to the US or at least visiting Sarper, I suppose it takes one to know one Yohan...you sure look guilty Again, I'm not saying Daniele is great, but like, my dude, you definitely cheated on her Daniele, why haven't you filed already? Lol to Kimberly making a face I'm genuinely worried about Shekinah Daniele...are you going to keep living in the