Skip to main content

Thoughts on RuPaul's Drag Race season 13, episode 1

The perfect way to kick off a new year.

  1. I love that Kandy Muse has a whole look
  2. Joey Jay is beautiful
  3. I'm so curious for the twist
  4. I LOVE Ru's look--she's like a sparkly flower
  5. This new Judges' panel is hilarious
  6. Wow they're making them all lip sync? I kinda love it
  7. "Call Me Maybe" is a great lip sync song (in my opinion...well all of this stuff is in my opinion)
  8. I think both of them had fun, but I enjoyed Kandy Muse a little more
  9. Wow is Ru really eliminating this many queens?
  10. Dnali comes in on skates and that's amazing
  11. LaLa Ri has legs for days
  12. I don't think we should keep making fun of Nancy Kerrigan
  13. Yes, the class and the ass was the line
  14. I do feel bad that they may not have lip sync outfits on
  15. I thought they both did good
  16. Are those getting Porkchopped going to get another chance?
  17. Okay given that there is a little lounge set up, I believe there will be
  18. Symone's dress of photos is so cool
  19. I love how many queens think they're the first ones
  20. I love Tamisha's outfit
  21. Okay I'm starting to get tired for the same twist playing out over and over
  22. Tamisha was cast for season 12 but had cancer and oh dear
  23. I'm honestly surprised how well Symone's dress held up
  24. Symone is funny
  25. Are we going to see the winners' lounge?
  26. I love Tanisha's interpretation that they just made the lounge to gather them to take them to the airport in one van
  27. I love Gottmik's makeup
  28. Gottmik somehow does remind me of Milk
  29. Utica Queen's outfit is so much but I think it works?
  30. The strawberry represents getting through a strawberry allergy
  31. I forgot Lindsay Lohan made music
  32. The song is kind of a bummer if you listen to the lyrics
  33. Gottmik did better so I'm not surprised that Utica got Porkchopped
  34. I love Rosé's purse and missing tooth
  35. I'm sorry but I do not like Olivia Lux's dress, but her face is amazing
  36. I love that Rosé responded to the lighting change
  37. I love "Ex's and Oh's"
  38. I think Olivia is being funny but the judges don't seem to be responding to it
  39. Rosé did some killer turns
  40. This was my favorite lip sync so far, but that's probably cause it is my favorite song so far
  41. Okay so they were responding to Olivia's performance
  42. Tina Burner's wig with part of the fire fighter hat in it is so fun
  43. Kahmora Hall has amazing cheek bones
  44. Elliott is adorable
  45. I guess they wanted 13 queens for the 13th season
  46. "All that bo?"
  47. What boy band was Tina Burner in?
  48. I love all the back and forth between Tina and Ross
  49. What...it's an original Bob Mackey?
  50. Kahmora is Jaida's sister!
  51. I wonder...has more than one queen of the same house won?
  52. "Lady Marmalade" is another great choice
  53. That was great
  54. Okay so based on time left, we're not seeing what happens with the Porkchopped this episode
  55. It's the Porkchop Loading Dock, excuse you
  56. Ru is really playing with these queens' emotions
  57. So wait...do they get to vote anonymously or not?
  58. So are the two groups going to compete separately?
  59. Well I am curious to see what happens
  60. Happy season 13!

(Prompt by  me)

RuPaul's Drag Race VH1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting my parental journey, part 1

To be clear, I am not pregnant. Nor do I currently plan on being pregnant soon. However, I promised myself that if I was 30 and still single I'd start to explore my options for having a child either on my own or later in life with a partner. Well, 30 came and went, but 31 is still here so close enough I figure. My first step was to make an appointment to discuss options with a doctor because I could do all the research I wanted on the internet, but I knew it would overwhelm me. As I write this, I haven't had that appointment yet so no news there. Now I made this appointment in February (hey, I was still 30 then!) and it was originally scheduled for October (yes, an 8-month wait for an initial appointment), but last week the appointment got moved up to this week and things got moving! The timing feels right in a certain way. Two people I care about are having babies in the next month, someone else I love is expecting next year, and I also know multiple couples either trying or g

Starting my parental journey, part 2

You can read part 1 here . Yesterday I began the next step of my parental journey. Ironically, it was starting birth control. This medicine helps prepare my ovaries for the egg retrieval process. It was weird taking the pill to prepare for my fertility journey because you typically think of the pill as ensuring you don't get pregnant. Obviously, I'm not getting pregnant now, but I am getting ready for that eventual possibility. There have also been various bureaucratic issues that I've been dealing with. Mostly insurance stuff (as I'm sure comes as no surprise). But, thanks to a new benefit at work that started 1/1/24, my journey will be (mostly) covered. While, again, there were some bureaucratic hurdles that I had to overcome in order for this to all work out, I am immensely glad that it did work out. I am nervous though. In part I'm nervous about a lot of the practicalities of this step in my journey. For instance, I will have to inject myself with various medica

90 Fiance: The Other Way, season 5, episode 24

Tell all time concludes?  Aw Kenny is sweet I guess Holly and Wayne are working it out? God, Tim, I don't care God, Shekinah, you are so brainwashed Dan, no one asked for you to be here Sarper, why are you admitting this? Gosh Midnight's birth sounds so scary Aw so we do get to see Midnight Chill, Brandan Shekinah, you thought Brandan was an angel until right now??? Okay three weeks isn't a long time to not ask for money, Brandan Brandan's mom, is so right...they need therapy Wait is there really only one therapist in all of Samoa? Mary, you shared your problems with a TV crew Oh Brandan and Mary are thinking of moving to the US or at least visiting Sarper, I suppose it takes one to know one Yohan...you sure look guilty Again, I'm not saying Daniele is great, but like, my dude, you definitely cheated on her Daniele, why haven't you filed already? Lol to Kimberly making a face I'm genuinely worried about Shekinah Daniele...are you going to keep living in the