Skip to main content

15 minutes of a Sterek fanfic, part 1 - edited and expanded

I'm going to edit and expand this previous post.

The pack needed a break and this Friday night senior party was the perfect outlet. With everything that had been happening--well was always happening--they needed a chance to blow off some steam. Stiles was the head of this "pack needs a party" committee and perhaps its only member.

"Come on, guys, it'll be great."

"Define great," gruffed Derek.

Stiles looked at him, exasperated, "Dancing, drinking, and loads of stuff better than whatever training you have planned for the pack tonight."

"He's probably right," said Erica, cleaning her long nails. "Besides, we could use a night off."

"Now that's what I'm talking about," said Stiles, pumping his fists in triumph.

"But why exactly do I have to go?" asked Derek, willing to let the pack go, but not thrilled to go himself.

"Because," smiled Stiles, bounding over to Derek to wrap his arms around his neck, "you're my date."

Whether Derek wanted to admit it or not, Stiles was right.

So that's how they all found themselves at a party at some senior named Erik's house that Friday night. Stiles had also made them all dress up for the occassion--well he only had to make the guys dress up as Lydia, Allison, and Erica were already dolling themselves up when he came to make the grand dress up announcement.

The music was loud and the booze was flowing, overwhelming the senses of the werewolves, but they soon adjusted. The pack spread out and began to enjoy the party. Some dancing, some talking, some just taking shot after shot (werewolves had to drink fast to even get a buzz).

Stiles found himself in the middle of the dance floor, drink in hand and having the time of his life. His head was a little lighter because of whatever jungle juice was in the red solo cup and the beat of the song moved with the beat of his heart. His dancing was never that dignified, but he didn't care--it wasn't like there were many good dancers at a drunken senior party anyway.

Even without werewolf senses, Stiles began to hear a few comments coming from the crowd.

"Wow who is that?"

"I think that's Derek Hale, he's just a couple of years older than us."

"He's way hotter than the senior guys."

"I'd let him--"

The last comment was blissfully cut off by a swell in the music. Stiles kept dancing, but began looking around for Derek. Stiles was never that much of a jealous guy, but he could feel the room staring at Derek and that wasn't his favorite feeling in the world, mostly because he knew Derek didn't like it.

***

Derek had parted from Stiles at the beginning of the party as he was getting overwhelmed by people who actually knew him and Derek preferred to stay on the outskirts. He and Boyd had this in common so they casually went to the drinks area and downed a few, getting rousing cheers from a few guys who were probably from the lacrosse team as they seemed familiar to Derek.

Soon, Derek and Boyd found themselves on the edge of the dance floor, chatting comfortably. That was until Derek saw Stiles dancing. Derek knew that Stiles didn't think he was a good dancer, but Derek disagreed. He watched Stiles shake his hips and move in a way that was absolutely seductive. How the rest of the party wasn't staring as well, Derek didn't know. Derek felt his eyes flash red with desire.

"You're a creep," muttered Boyd into his solo cup.

Derek snapped back to reality, "What?"

"You're a creep," said Boyd clearly, "You're just staring at him when you could go and actually be with him."

Derek downed the rest of his drink. "You make a good point." He made his way into the dancing throng and found that Stiles was making his way towards him too.

Before Derek could say anything, Stiles pulled him down into a demanding kiss. Derek's mind blacked everything else out for a moment. There was just Stiles, his scent, his lips, his breath. Nothing else mattered. Derek was ready to deepen the kiss when Stiles pulled his lips away and Derek gained some use of his brain again. Derek knew Stiles wasn't into PDA so he asked, "What are you doing?"

Stiles smirked, "I would think that a werewolf would know."

Derek just stared in response.

"I'm claiming my territory." And with that, Stiles turned around and began grinding on Derek to the beat of the song. Derek held Stiles's hips tightly and got lost in the motion of it all. Everything else just faded away. Suddenly there was no party he didn't want to be at, no pack that needed him, no big bads hiding around every corener; there was just Stiles.

***

A while later, Derek finished relieving himself in one of the hall bathrooms and was thinking about pulling Stiles into one of the bedrooms to finish what they'd started on the dance floor, but an acrid smell suddenly cut through the scents of sweat and booze and hormones.

Fire.

Panic began almost immediately. There were screams, drinks being dropped left and right adding to the flames, and a stampede for the door. Derek desperately searched for Stiles in the rushing crowd, but he couldn't make out his heartbeat amongst all the clattering ones. Derek's panic began to rise and with it, so did his senses, overwhelming him. He could hear everyone and everything and yet he couldn't find Stiles. Soon the room was filling with smoke.

"Stiles!" Derek called into the smoke. The people left inside was thinning now, but where was he? "Stiles!"

Then Derek heard something.

"Allison!" It was Scott.

Scott and Derek nearly ran into each other.

"Have you seen Allison?"

Derek barely responded "no" before asking if Scott had seen Stiles. His panic was palpable now, filling the room like the smoke from the spreading fire.

Then he heard it.

"Scott! Scott!" It was Allison calling from outside. Scott immediately bolted out the door and Derek was soon behind him because he finally heard Stiles's voice above the crowd, "Derek!"

***

Stiles stood, pinned to his spot by Erica holding his wrist. "Oh come on Erica, Derek is in there! Isn't your little beta brain hardwired to go in with me and get him?"

Erica said nothing, just kept ahold of Stiles's wrist and stared at the front door.

"This is ridiculous," said Stiles before struggling to try and get his wrist free, but Erica held tight.

What was Derek still doing in there? Stiles thought. He feared that a flashback of the fire that destroyed the Hale house was freezing Derek in place. Stiles's heart beat louder and Stiles hoped Derek could hear it. He needed Derek to come out of the house. There wasn't even an option that Stiles could bear that didn't include Derek bursting out of the door.

"Scott! Scott!" Allison cried.

It was only then that Stiles realized Scott was missing too. He hoped Scott could hear Allison and then Stiles called out, "Derek!"

***

Derek and Scott burst out of the house with smoke billowing behind them. It made for quite a dramatic entrance into the crowd of teenagers calling 9-11.

(Prompt by me)

Teen Wolf MTV (I don't own any of the characters)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting my parental journey, part 1

To be clear, I am not pregnant. Nor do I currently plan on being pregnant soon. However, I promised myself that if I was 30 and still single I'd start to explore my options for having a child either on my own or later in life with a partner. Well, 30 came and went, but 31 is still here so close enough I figure. My first step was to make an appointment to discuss options with a doctor because I could do all the research I wanted on the internet, but I knew it would overwhelm me. As I write this, I haven't had that appointment yet so no news there. Now I made this appointment in February (hey, I was still 30 then!) and it was originally scheduled for October (yes, an 8-month wait for an initial appointment), but last week the appointment got moved up to this week and things got moving! The timing feels right in a certain way. Two people I care about are having babies in the next month, someone else I love is expecting next year, and I also know multiple couples either trying or g

Starting my parental journey, part 2

You can read part 1 here . Yesterday I began the next step of my parental journey. Ironically, it was starting birth control. This medicine helps prepare my ovaries for the egg retrieval process. It was weird taking the pill to prepare for my fertility journey because you typically think of the pill as ensuring you don't get pregnant. Obviously, I'm not getting pregnant now, but I am getting ready for that eventual possibility. There have also been various bureaucratic issues that I've been dealing with. Mostly insurance stuff (as I'm sure comes as no surprise). But, thanks to a new benefit at work that started 1/1/24, my journey will be (mostly) covered. While, again, there were some bureaucratic hurdles that I had to overcome in order for this to all work out, I am immensely glad that it did work out. I am nervous though. In part I'm nervous about a lot of the practicalities of this step in my journey. For instance, I will have to inject myself with various medica

90 Fiance: The Other Way, season 5, episode 24

Tell all time concludes?  Aw Kenny is sweet I guess Holly and Wayne are working it out? God, Tim, I don't care God, Shekinah, you are so brainwashed Dan, no one asked for you to be here Sarper, why are you admitting this? Gosh Midnight's birth sounds so scary Aw so we do get to see Midnight Chill, Brandan Shekinah, you thought Brandan was an angel until right now??? Okay three weeks isn't a long time to not ask for money, Brandan Brandan's mom, is so right...they need therapy Wait is there really only one therapist in all of Samoa? Mary, you shared your problems with a TV crew Oh Brandan and Mary are thinking of moving to the US or at least visiting Sarper, I suppose it takes one to know one Yohan...you sure look guilty Again, I'm not saying Daniele is great, but like, my dude, you definitely cheated on her Daniele, why haven't you filed already? Lol to Kimberly making a face I'm genuinely worried about Shekinah Daniele...are you going to keep living in the