Skip to main content

15 things that signal to me that summer is almost here

I can't believe how late in the year we are. 

  1. Days are long
  2. My windows are often open
  3. People's schedules fill up
  4. I wear my sunglasses longer and more frequently
  5. Good mangoes hit the stores
  6. Patio seating becomes reasonable
  7. Outdoor markets start filling up my calendar
  8. I get more and more tempted to switch my wardrobe
  9. I feel more guilty about not putting on sunscreen every day
  10. My mood improves (sunshine helps a lot)
  11. Rain doesn't make me cold to my bones
  12. I begin to wonder when exactly it's hot enough for an air conditioner
  13. Dresses become more common in my wardrobe
  14. I dig out my sandals
  15. Ankle socks become my go-to when not wearing my sandals 

(Prompt by Eleanor Pratt)

Photo by Raphaël Biscaldi on Unsplash


Comments