Skip to main content

Thoughts on RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars season 11, episode 1

Season premiere/bracket 1, episode 1! 

  1. The patches on Ru and Michelle's jumpsuits are fun
  2. Morphine Love Dion as a ladybug is so beautiful
  3. I'm so glad Lucky Starzzz is back because we did not get enough of her on her season (and her look is just ART)
  4. I almost didn't recognize Mystique Summers, but wow glad to have her back (and looking great)!
  5. I was expecting Morgan McMichaels's look to have a Ruveal
  6. I remember really enjoying Dawn on her original season and this look is pretty fun
  7. A'Keria C. Davenport's look is ethereal and immaculate
  8. Aha so only 2 queens from each bracket will move forward
  9. Lucky is a bit intense
  10. I mean, I'd be nervous if I was Mystique or Morgan cause I'd feel like the producers put us int he same bracket together cause they wanted to get our story done without having to advance us
  11. I do agree with Mystique that you need charisma for every challenge, but this challenge seems to require some dancing (and other specific) skills
  12. So glad Morphine is doing better
  13. Mystique had me giggling
  14. I mean, Morphine, even if the other queens in your bracket didn't have the deficiencies you've described, you are uniquely talented at dancing
  15. A'Keria looks great, but I wanted more specifics in her lyrics
  16. Dawn was pretty fun, but her final trick made her lip syncing kind of stop
  17. Lucky has a dynamic look, but (and it could just be my WiFi connection) her lip syncing itself felt not in sync (but, credit to her epic entrance)
  18. Nothing wrong with Morgan's performance, but it's not going to stand out to me
  19. Side note, the backup dancers are DISTRACTING me from the queens
  20. Morphine should get so many extra points for choreographing this number (but Michelle did make a good point at judging that her outfit sort of gave Snow White)
  21. Mystique may have had my favorite lyrics
  22. A'Keria's look is just divine
  23. Dawn looks great, but I think her cleavage contour is a bit off?
  24. Lucky's outfit looks awesome, but her makeup doesn't feel like the best fit
  25. Morgan looks great, but I'm a bit hesitant because did she darken her skin?
  26. Morphine looks immaculate
  27. Mystique's look isn't bad, but it is probably my least favorite of the 6
  28. But, I'm sorry Mystique lost her mom so recently
  29. WOW! RU SURE DID SAY THAT
  30. I agree with Dawn as a top, but Morgan didn't do it for me
  31. For whatever reason, this lip sync didn't captivate me
  32. Honestly, I think the queens who aren't Morphine should give Morphine a point as she choreographed the whole thing
  33. Omg please stop with the Stop That Train promos
  34. No preview for the next episode?
  35. I know they released the first two at the same time, but still!

(Prompt by me)

RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars, Paramount+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

15 facts I learned from a random Wikipedia article

Original prompt: click on "Random Wikipedia Article" and write about whatever comes up (you can try 3 times and pick your favorite). For the record, I got Alejandro Estivill , Fencing at the 2011 Pan American Games – Women's épée , and Benjamin F. Jonas . I chose Benjamin F. Jonas because it was the longest of the three entries and it had a photo. He was born in Kentucky, moved to Illinois as a kid, and went to college and spent the rest of his life in Louisiana Jonas's father was a merchant and lawyer His father knew Lincoln (like they were real buds) Despite this, Jonas sided with the confederacy Not only did he side with the confederacy, but he joined the Confederate army and rose to the rank of major He went to University of Louisiana (now Tulane) Jonas was Jewish (I didn't know there were Jewish senators who served the Confederacy) He was the second Jewish U.S. Senator from Louisiana and the third Jewish Senator overall Jonas was the first Ashkenazi Jewish US...

Origin story or first issue of a superhero whose super power is geometry

Arya sat in history class and was bored. She longed to get to geometry, where things made more sense. She liked geometry so much that she had joined the math team to be able to do it more. Okay, there was also the extra time with her friends who loved math as much as she did, but some of the appeal was just the math itself. Finally the bell rang and Arya had four minutes to get to her geometry class. She passed right by the chemistry class next door where her least favorite teacher was conducting experiments. He needed to be more careful, thought Arya. The teacher had once exploded a glass beaker and not on purpose. Arya took her seat and excitedly pulled out her notebook. It was her favorite color: hot pink. She assigned her notebook and folder colors in ways that felt right to her. And since geometry was her favorite subject, she made her notebook and folder for it her favorite color. As the teacher started to go over the most common mistakes from the last quiz, Arya could've swo...

Color palette

Original prompt: "Google "color palette," pick one, and write something inspired by it." I actually Googled "color palette public domain" to be sure I could use it and found the image on this post. I used the "floral" section for my inspiraiton. The soft sunlight somehow didn't dim the shine of the fireflies. Such it was in the fae realm. Fern loved this time of day in the faewild where it wasn't quite day, but it was far from night. Fern frolicked alone in the glade as she was want to do. It didn't matter to her that her laughter carried itself alone on the breeze; she was content. She wasn't sure how long she'd been alone as she watched the suns begin to set, but it was pleasant in its own way. But then, she heard a noise. It wasn't the noise of leaves on the wind or twigs snapping from some comforting creature. It was the noise of someone approaching with grim determination. Fern wasn't sure how to ready herself to ...