Skip to main content

Thoughts on RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars season 11, episode 5

Time for bracket 2, episode 2! 

  1. So there aren't any twists with point distribution
  2. Vivacious is great TV
  3. April, that was rude!
  4. Silky is so charming
  5. I do find this challenge fun
  6. That said, it's pretty funny that everyone chose to do a food lesson
  7. Vivacious just said she's part Klingon and now I'll love her forever
  8. Ru is poking
  9. Ah Salina changed her plan
  10. I like this style of seeing glimpses from the queens directing their videos instead of pretty much seeing the whole video before we see the video
  11. Okay I had to look up who Gina Gershon is (my bad) and she was in Showgirls which explains the Showgirls references Ru was making
  12. I also love Gina's outfit
  13. April looks incredible and all of the details are excellent (but the SMALLEST detail I didn't like was the color of the lace used to lace up the corset
  14. Aura is STUNNING
  15. Gosh do I love and enjoy Crystal
  16. Salina does look good, but it does feel like April had a very similar idea and did it better (looking at them getting their critiques though, I changed my mind and I like Salina's better)
  17. Silky did make me laugh and "Moo-donna" is just an incredible concept (and she really won me over with the spraying milk)
  18. Vivacious had an incredible concept, I just wish she could've executed it without having to hold up the skirt portion
  19. Because of who I am as a person, it bothered me that April said to make sure the plantains were uncut and then cut them
  20. April smashing the plantains with her boobs was perfection
  21. I thought Aura's video was pretty funny
  22. Crystal's video was kooky, cheeky, and a touch creepy (in a fun way)
  23. Wait, I fully expected Crystal saying one of her inspirations was an old video of Ru's to be a joke
  24. Salina's video is my favorite so far
  25. Silky's video was perfectly cheeky, but if you think too hard about challenge prompts like I do, I don't think it really made sense as a YouTube video
  26. Vivacious cooking a rubber chicken is comedy gold
  27. I am glad that Silky is getting points (and Crystal is getting even more), but I do think Salina's was my favorite video overall
  28. There are some really great lip sync outfits on this stage
  29. Crystal is telling a silly Little Red Riding Hood story, but that doesn't mean it is the best lip sync performance
  30. Silky is winning for me based on her fabric twirling
  31. Ru agrees!
  32. Hell yeah, Dr. Bronner's!
  33. I miss the days where they danced with the register to vote signs
  34. Okay, I know that they are just not doing episode previews, but it still bums me out
  35. Next time will be fun though, I have faith

(Prompt by me)

RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars, Paramount+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

15 facts I learned from a random Wikipedia article

Original prompt: click on "Random Wikipedia Article" and write about whatever comes up (you can try 3 times and pick your favorite). For the record, I got Alejandro Estivill , Fencing at the 2011 Pan American Games – Women's épée , and Benjamin F. Jonas . I chose Benjamin F. Jonas because it was the longest of the three entries and it had a photo. He was born in Kentucky, moved to Illinois as a kid, and went to college and spent the rest of his life in Louisiana Jonas's father was a merchant and lawyer His father knew Lincoln (like they were real buds) Despite this, Jonas sided with the confederacy Not only did he side with the confederacy, but he joined the Confederate army and rose to the rank of major He went to University of Louisiana (now Tulane) Jonas was Jewish (I didn't know there were Jewish senators who served the Confederacy) He was the second Jewish U.S. Senator from Louisiana and the third Jewish Senator overall Jonas was the first Ashkenazi Jewish US...

Origin story or first issue of a superhero whose super power is geometry

Arya sat in history class and was bored. She longed to get to geometry, where things made more sense. She liked geometry so much that she had joined the math team to be able to do it more. Okay, there was also the extra time with her friends who loved math as much as she did, but some of the appeal was just the math itself. Finally the bell rang and Arya had four minutes to get to her geometry class. She passed right by the chemistry class next door where her least favorite teacher was conducting experiments. He needed to be more careful, thought Arya. The teacher had once exploded a glass beaker and not on purpose. Arya took her seat and excitedly pulled out her notebook. It was her favorite color: hot pink. She assigned her notebook and folder colors in ways that felt right to her. And since geometry was her favorite subject, she made her notebook and folder for it her favorite color. As the teacher started to go over the most common mistakes from the last quiz, Arya could've swo...

Color palette

Original prompt: "Google "color palette," pick one, and write something inspired by it." I actually Googled "color palette public domain" to be sure I could use it and found the image on this post. I used the "floral" section for my inspiraiton. The soft sunlight somehow didn't dim the shine of the fireflies. Such it was in the fae realm. Fern loved this time of day in the faewild where it wasn't quite day, but it was far from night. Fern frolicked alone in the glade as she was want to do. It didn't matter to her that her laughter carried itself alone on the breeze; she was content. She wasn't sure how long she'd been alone as she watched the suns begin to set, but it was pleasant in its own way. But then, she heard a noise. It wasn't the noise of leaves on the wind or twigs snapping from some comforting creature. It was the noise of someone approaching with grim determination. Fern wasn't sure how to ready herself to ...