Skip to main content

15 minutes of a Sterek fanfic, part 14 - edited and expanded

You can read part 1 here, part 2 here, part 3 here, part 4 here, part 5 (NSFW) here, part 6 here, part 7 here, part 8 here, part 9 here, part 10 here, part 11 here, part 12 here, and part 13 here.

***

Luckily, since the police had already talked to Stiles, they weren't going hard on Derek. The conversation went pretty well, just confirming Stiles's story of what happened. Derek still hated being in the police station and hated being away from Stiles more. He couldn't help but feel that Gerard had bigger plans for Stiles. Surely he knew the police would be called...or had he anticipated Stiles being alone when he caught him? Then why the mountain ash? It all rattled around endlessly in Derek's skull.

Over the next few days, Stiles was never without at least two wolves, Derek made sure of that. Usually, Derek was there, but the police had had him come back more than once. Still, Derek never wanted Stiles to be without a guard. Derek desperately wanted alone time with Stiles, but after what had happened right in front of him, he doubted he would be enough to take down Gerard. Often, Stiles's father was there too and the gun honestly made Derek feel better for once.

Soon enough, Stiles was released from the hospital and the pack brought him home. Derek hadn't said anything, but he didn't want to go back to Stiles's place. What happened to Stiles certainly would have left an impression...an impression that Derek wouldn't want lingering near him.

But as they drove to Stiles's house, Derek was silent. It was what Stiles wanted and Derek wasn't going to object to that. He wouldn't deny Stiles anything right now, not that he often denied Stiles anything in normal times.

"You're quiet," said Stiles. The rest of the pack wasn't far behind in other cars, but they were alone in the camaro.

Derek grunted. "Aren't I usually?"

"I just figured you'd be talking more about Gerard and revenge." Stiles made a fisted hand gesture in the air, somewhat mockingly, but mostly to take away the seriousness of the comment as was his style.

Derek's eyes flashed red at the mention of Gerard. "I have plans for him."

"We could just let my dad handle it," said Stiles, "Gerard is human after all."

"He hurt you."

"I know, but," Stiles looked out the window for a moment and then back at Derek, "I don't want you to kill him."

Derek nearly slammed on the breaks. "What?"

"I don't want you to kill him," Stiles repeated. "You've never killed anyone before."

"I killed Peter."

Stiles winced. He wasn't sure how he'd forgotten that in this moment. But he had. "Sorry," muttered Stiles, embarrassed.

Derek gripped the steering wheel tighter. "Not your fault." What Derek wasn't saying was that one of the reasons he had killed Peter was that Peter would've killed Stiles and even back then the rumblings of what Derek felt for Stiles now had begun. He regretted it even less when much later Stiles had told Derek that Peter had offered him the bite. The bite could kill and Derek suspected from what he smelled on Stiles that it would've killed him. Derek knew that Peter knew that.

"No one besides Peter," said Stiles, "You're not a killer."

Derek looked at Stiles for a moment, "No one has ever shot you before." Derek looked back at the road.

"I don't want you to live with that because...because of me."

"I'd do anything for you."

"I know...but I don't want you to."

Derek gripped the steering wheel again, tempted to pull over suddenly, but thought better of it in the last moment. "Okay."

"Okay?"

"Okay, I won't kill him," gritted out Derek.

Stiles nodded, waiting for Derek to say more. He could always tell when Derek had more to say.

"I will hunt him down and give him to your dad."

"Thanks. And if you want to maim him a bit, that'd be okay with me," said Stiles, trying to lighten the mood again.

Derek quirked a small smile. "Thank you."

Stiles rested his hand on Derek's thigh and the two drove in silence the rest of the way.

All of the pack arrived at nearly the same time in various cars. The wolves all looked hesitant to enter the house, but the rest seemed just fine to enter the house. Derek got Stiles's wheelchair out and handed it to Isaac, opting to carry Stiles in.

"I'm not a baby," muttered Stiles.

"No, you're more like a bride," teased Erica.

Stiles stuck his tongue out at Erica, unable to come up with a quip fast enough. Besides, being Derek's spouse wasn't exactly something he objected to being called.

Sheriff Stilinski had agreed to let Isaac, Erica, Boyd, Derek, and Scott stay at the house and had agreed to let Lydia and Allison visit often. Lydia and Allison were with them now, toting the ever present coffee cups that the pack needed to keep from giving in to their dire exhaustion.

"Why don't Allison and I check everything out first," said Scott.

Derek looked at him with an eyebrow raised.

"If there's more mountain ash, we need someone who can get past it." And someone whom Gerard is less likley to hurt, Scott's look said.

Derek nodded, adjusting Stiles in his arms.

"You know my dad did a sweep already," said Stiles.

"Still," replied Derek, "we can't be too careful."

Allison handed her share of the coffee cups to Boyd and disappeared into the house with Scott. It took almost twenty minutes for them to do a thorough search of the house, but they came back and confirmed that they hadn't found anything.

"I told you," said Stiles, only partially kidding. He had to allow for some over-protectiveness from the pack right now. Besides, it made him feel safer too.

The afternoon was spent with Stiles rest with his feet up on the couch and everyone scrambling around to make the place fit them all. At first there was a fight about floor versus couch space, but Lydia broke it up by loudly announcing that she had ordered four air mattresses that should arrive in a few hours.

It was determined that Derek and Stiles would stay in his room, Isaac and Scott would sleep on their air mattresses in the living room and Erica and Boyd would sleep, on their own air mattresses by Sheriff Stilinski's insistence, in the basement. The sheriff wasn't thrilled about having Derek share Stiles's bed officially, but he knew it made his son feel safer and he felt better when Derek offered to sleep on the floor (Stiles had objected though). Stiles watched all of this conversation with an amused look on his face and only interjecting when he felt strongly.

(Prompt by me)

Teen Wolf MTV (I don't own any of the characters)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting my parental journey, part 1

To be clear, I am not pregnant. Nor do I currently plan on being pregnant soon. However, I promised myself that if I was 30 and still single I'd start to explore my options for having a child either on my own or later in life with a partner. Well, 30 came and went, but 31 is still here so close enough I figure. My first step was to make an appointment to discuss options with a doctor because I could do all the research I wanted on the internet, but I knew it would overwhelm me. As I write this, I haven't had that appointment yet so no news there. Now I made this appointment in February (hey, I was still 30 then!) and it was originally scheduled for October (yes, an 8-month wait for an initial appointment), but last week the appointment got moved up to this week and things got moving! The timing feels right in a certain way. Two people I care about are having babies in the next month, someone else I love is expecting next year, and I also know multiple couples either trying or g

Starting my parental journey, part 2

You can read part 1 here . Yesterday I began the next step of my parental journey. Ironically, it was starting birth control. This medicine helps prepare my ovaries for the egg retrieval process. It was weird taking the pill to prepare for my fertility journey because you typically think of the pill as ensuring you don't get pregnant. Obviously, I'm not getting pregnant now, but I am getting ready for that eventual possibility. There have also been various bureaucratic issues that I've been dealing with. Mostly insurance stuff (as I'm sure comes as no surprise). But, thanks to a new benefit at work that started 1/1/24, my journey will be (mostly) covered. While, again, there were some bureaucratic hurdles that I had to overcome in order for this to all work out, I am immensely glad that it did work out. I am nervous though. In part I'm nervous about a lot of the practicalities of this step in my journey. For instance, I will have to inject myself with various medica

90 Fiance: The Other Way, season 5, episode 24

Tell all time concludes?  Aw Kenny is sweet I guess Holly and Wayne are working it out? God, Tim, I don't care God, Shekinah, you are so brainwashed Dan, no one asked for you to be here Sarper, why are you admitting this? Gosh Midnight's birth sounds so scary Aw so we do get to see Midnight Chill, Brandan Shekinah, you thought Brandan was an angel until right now??? Okay three weeks isn't a long time to not ask for money, Brandan Brandan's mom, is so right...they need therapy Wait is there really only one therapist in all of Samoa? Mary, you shared your problems with a TV crew Oh Brandan and Mary are thinking of moving to the US or at least visiting Sarper, I suppose it takes one to know one Yohan...you sure look guilty Again, I'm not saying Daniele is great, but like, my dude, you definitely cheated on her Daniele, why haven't you filed already? Lol to Kimberly making a face I'm genuinely worried about Shekinah Daniele...are you going to keep living in the