Skip to main content

15 minutes of a Sterek fanfic, part 15

You can read part 1 here, part 2 here, part 3 here, part 4 here, part 5 (NSFW) here, part 6 here, part 7 here, part 8 here, part 9 here, part 10 here, part 11 here, part 12 here, part 13 here, and part 14 here.

As evening rolled around, there was yet another scramble to get the air mattresses situated in optimal places for both sleep and being awakened quickly without blocking a means of exit. It took a lot of moving around as the house, while a good size, wasn't really built for this many people to live in it all at once. Stiles watched the antics and was glad for his pack.

When evening finally arrived there was the usual fight about what to get to eat, but Sheriff Stilinski loudly announced he would pay if it was pizza from his favorite place, so they all quieted down. Besides, who didn't like pizza?

Ultimately though, Derek insisted on paying. He didn't make a show of it in front of the pack, rather just met the pizza guy faster than the sheriff did and handed him cash. Derek knew they were putting Sheriff Stilinski out a bit and besides, Derek had plenty of money from the Hale trust. He didn't want the sheriff to suddenly have to go from supporting one kid to supporting six.

With the pizza distributed, the pack settled in for an evening together, with the exception of the sheriff.

"Alright, I gotta get on my patrol, but I'm only a phone call away."

Stiles looked a bit disappointed, "You're back to work already?"

"Listen, Stiles, we gotta catch this guy. There's no telling what he'll do next." And I want to be the one to catch him, was left unsaid by the sheriff.

"I'll be back late, so don't wait up."

The pack all said goodbye to the sheriff and fell into an easy silence only punctuated by sounds of eating.

"Let's play a game," suggested Allison.

"Like what?" asked Boyd.

"How about sardines?"

"Kinda hard for Stiles to play," mumbled Isaac.

"Oh, right."

"No, go ahead, I'll just watch," said Stiles, "I don't mind." And truly he didn't. He could sense that the wolves were a little extra tense, but he wasn't sure why. He knew how tense they got when he was in danger, but they seemed even more on edge than normal. He figured a good game could loosen them up. Plus, it was fun to watch the pack run around the house trying to find the person hiding.

"If that's an option, I'll just watch too," said Derek.

"Don't be such a sourwolf," smirked Stiles.

But then Derek gave him a look. A look that said Derek didn't want to leave Stiles's side for anything. It was only with practice, and a lot of forced verbal communication on Derek's end, that Stiles had been able to learn to read Derek so well.

"Fine," said Stiles, trying to move past the serious moment, "Derek and I will watch and the rest of you play."

"Or we could watch a movie?" suggested Erica.

"Why not both?" asked Stiles, "Tomorrow is Saturday so we have all night."

"Your dad said not to stay up for him," said Scott.

"We'll be asleep, or at least in bed long before he gets home," replied Stiles.

There was a murmur of consent and it was agreed that they'd play sardines and then, after everyone had a turn hiding, they'd settle in for a movie. It was also agreed that the wolves had to try to use their wolf senses as little as possible during the game--not that it was so simple for themto just turn them off.

As the pack raced around, Derek moved the pillow under Stiles's feet and put his feet to rest on his own lap. Derek absently rubbed his hand up and down Stiles's leg.

"It's good to see them having fun," Derek admitted. And it truly was. Given all that had happened in the house, Derek hadn't been sure if the wolves would be able to have fun in it, but they seemed to be able to put it aside. Maybe because they were suppressing their wolf senses for the game, but maybe just because they were distracted enough. Derek was not distracted enough, however.

"You okay?" asked Stiles, looking at Derek seriously.

(Prompt by me)

Teen Wolf MTV (I don't own any of the characters)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting my parental journey, part 1

To be clear, I am not pregnant. Nor do I currently plan on being pregnant soon. However, I promised myself that if I was 30 and still single I'd start to explore my options for having a child either on my own or later in life with a partner. Well, 30 came and went, but 31 is still here so close enough I figure. My first step was to make an appointment to discuss options with a doctor because I could do all the research I wanted on the internet, but I knew it would overwhelm me. As I write this, I haven't had that appointment yet so no news there. Now I made this appointment in February (hey, I was still 30 then!) and it was originally scheduled for October (yes, an 8-month wait for an initial appointment), but last week the appointment got moved up to this week and things got moving! The timing feels right in a certain way. Two people I care about are having babies in the next month, someone else I love is expecting next year, and I also know multiple couples either trying or g

Starting my parental journey, part 2

You can read part 1 here . Yesterday I began the next step of my parental journey. Ironically, it was starting birth control. This medicine helps prepare my ovaries for the egg retrieval process. It was weird taking the pill to prepare for my fertility journey because you typically think of the pill as ensuring you don't get pregnant. Obviously, I'm not getting pregnant now, but I am getting ready for that eventual possibility. There have also been various bureaucratic issues that I've been dealing with. Mostly insurance stuff (as I'm sure comes as no surprise). But, thanks to a new benefit at work that started 1/1/24, my journey will be (mostly) covered. While, again, there were some bureaucratic hurdles that I had to overcome in order for this to all work out, I am immensely glad that it did work out. I am nervous though. In part I'm nervous about a lot of the practicalities of this step in my journey. For instance, I will have to inject myself with various medica

90 Fiance: The Other Way, season 5, episode 24

Tell all time concludes?  Aw Kenny is sweet I guess Holly and Wayne are working it out? God, Tim, I don't care God, Shekinah, you are so brainwashed Dan, no one asked for you to be here Sarper, why are you admitting this? Gosh Midnight's birth sounds so scary Aw so we do get to see Midnight Chill, Brandan Shekinah, you thought Brandan was an angel until right now??? Okay three weeks isn't a long time to not ask for money, Brandan Brandan's mom, is so right...they need therapy Wait is there really only one therapist in all of Samoa? Mary, you shared your problems with a TV crew Oh Brandan and Mary are thinking of moving to the US or at least visiting Sarper, I suppose it takes one to know one Yohan...you sure look guilty Again, I'm not saying Daniele is great, but like, my dude, you definitely cheated on her Daniele, why haven't you filed already? Lol to Kimberly making a face I'm genuinely worried about Shekinah Daniele...are you going to keep living in the