Skip to main content

15 minutes of a Sterek fanfic, part 18

You can read part 1 here, part 2 here, part 3 here, part 4 here, part 5 (NSFW) here, part 6 here, part 7 here, part 8 here, part 9 here, part 10 here, part 11 here, part 12 here, part 13 here, part 14 here, part 15 here, part 16 here, and part 17 here.

Derek nodded and moved towards the bathroom.

"You're supposed to say, 'I know that, but is the bathroom free?'" said Stiles, mock-pouting.

"I know that, but is the bathroom free?" repeated Derek loyally.

"That's more like it," smiled Stiles, wheeling himself over to the bed.

Derek hurried in the bathroom, hating that Stiles was alone for even that amount of time. Gerard had managed to get Stiles in just a matter of seconds, or at least that's what it felt like. It didn't matter that the house was teeming with wolves, it had been nearly as full of wolves last time. But Derek hadn't been there, at least until it was too late.

He came back in the bedroom to find Stiles in bed, awkwardly trying to position the wheelchair at an easy angle for him to climb out of bed.

"You can just wake me up," said Derek quietly.

"I don't want to disrupt your beauty sleep," quipped Stiles, deciding he had gotten the chair in the ideal position or at least an ideal of a position as he was going to get.

Derek almost answered that he was sure he wouldn't really be sleeping that night, but thought better of it and just climbed into bed next to Stiles. It took some gentle positioning to get comfortable what with the bed really being made for one person, but they had done this before and soon Stiles was nestled in Derek's arms. Stiles felt safe. Derek still felt on edge.

"Hey," said Stiles quietly, "are you okay?"

Derek was quiet a moment, "Just tired," he replied. It wasn't exactly a lie. He hadn't been sleeping much since the night Stiles was shot and now his sleep depended on him being comfortable in a room that had left such an impression and trusting his pack to protect them completely--neither of which would be easy for Derek. Sure, Derek trusted his pack with his life, but with Stiles's life was a bit of a different question. To be honest, Derek would've felt better if the sheriff had been home. Sometimes the best way to fight a human was with another human.

"Okay," said Stiles, "well we're last shift so we can get some uninterrupted beauty sleep."

"We're?"

"Yeah, you said we were last shift, or am I misremembering?"

"I'm last shift."

"You had to know that that wouldn't fly."

"I'm not going to wake you up."

"I always wake up when you get up."

Derek opened his mouth to retort that that wasn't true, but it actually was true so Derek closed his mouth again. "The shifts are for guarding you."

"Well I'll keep you company then," said Stiles nonchalantly.

Derek sighed heavily, "Okay."

"Didn't need you to agree to it, Sourwolf, it was happening one way or another."

Derek huffed in amusement. "Let's get some sleep."

"Okay," said Stiles, snuggling into Derek's arms, "I can do that."

Derek closed his eyes and focused on Stiles. He got absorbed in his breathing, his heartbeat, his smell, but the impression of the room keep permeating his bliss. Once Stiles was asleep, which happened rather quickly, Derek opened his eyes. Part of him feared seeing the horrific scene play out again in front of him, but the other part just feared for Stiles in that moment. Stiles must've felt safe there or he wouldn't've fallen asleep so quickly. Derek could tolerate this for Stiles. He'd do anything for Stiles. What was losing a few nights of sleep?

The time passed slowly, but Derek managed to stay relatively calm by focusing in on Stiles. He heard when the second shift changed over and soon Derek heard Scott coming up the stairs.

(Prompt by me)

Teen Wolf MTV (I don't own any of the characters)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Starting my parental journey, part 1

To be clear, I am not pregnant. Nor do I currently plan on being pregnant soon. However, I promised myself that if I was 30 and still single I'd start to explore my options for having a child either on my own or later in life with a partner. Well, 30 came and went, but 31 is still here so close enough I figure. My first step was to make an appointment to discuss options with a doctor because I could do all the research I wanted on the internet, but I knew it would overwhelm me. As I write this, I haven't had that appointment yet so no news there. Now I made this appointment in February (hey, I was still 30 then!) and it was originally scheduled for October (yes, an 8-month wait for an initial appointment), but last week the appointment got moved up to this week and things got moving! The timing feels right in a certain way. Two people I care about are having babies in the next month, someone else I love is expecting next year, and I also know multiple couples either trying or g

Starting my parental journey, part 2

You can read part 1 here . Yesterday I began the next step of my parental journey. Ironically, it was starting birth control. This medicine helps prepare my ovaries for the egg retrieval process. It was weird taking the pill to prepare for my fertility journey because you typically think of the pill as ensuring you don't get pregnant. Obviously, I'm not getting pregnant now, but I am getting ready for that eventual possibility. There have also been various bureaucratic issues that I've been dealing with. Mostly insurance stuff (as I'm sure comes as no surprise). But, thanks to a new benefit at work that started 1/1/24, my journey will be (mostly) covered. While, again, there were some bureaucratic hurdles that I had to overcome in order for this to all work out, I am immensely glad that it did work out. I am nervous though. In part I'm nervous about a lot of the practicalities of this step in my journey. For instance, I will have to inject myself with various medica

90 Fiance: The Other Way, season 5, episode 24

Tell all time concludes?  Aw Kenny is sweet I guess Holly and Wayne are working it out? God, Tim, I don't care God, Shekinah, you are so brainwashed Dan, no one asked for you to be here Sarper, why are you admitting this? Gosh Midnight's birth sounds so scary Aw so we do get to see Midnight Chill, Brandan Shekinah, you thought Brandan was an angel until right now??? Okay three weeks isn't a long time to not ask for money, Brandan Brandan's mom, is so right...they need therapy Wait is there really only one therapist in all of Samoa? Mary, you shared your problems with a TV crew Oh Brandan and Mary are thinking of moving to the US or at least visiting Sarper, I suppose it takes one to know one Yohan...you sure look guilty Again, I'm not saying Daniele is great, but like, my dude, you definitely cheated on her Daniele, why haven't you filed already? Lol to Kimberly making a face I'm genuinely worried about Shekinah Daniele...are you going to keep living in the